Do many of you have screen burn in?

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
1020..just noticed this now after seeing this thread...same circles as well as large Circles at bottom from I believe Waze...makes sense as it is a driving app..screen can be on for hours with two consistent circles at bottom..perfect for burn in. Kind of annoying...seems like a slight change to app design in general could prevent this...alot of recent apps seem to have auto hiding bars at the bottom.that take the buttons off screen until needed...wish I had known as I probably would have been more conscious...oh well

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
IPads don't use AMOLED screens, what is physically burned down, can't be regenerated by software. As spread stated those software solutions only work on traditional LCD panels.
To fix it on AMOLED, you'd have to get a new screen, either through a warranty repair or by replacing it yourself.

doesnt change facts because the retina display is a rebranded amoled screen at the end of the day hence it will help diagnose
i never said itll help him repair the screen,itll help him identify if its got burn in,read what i wrote

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I would return it for repair under Nokia Warranty if it is less than a year old.

I recently bought a 1020 on Gumtree (UK version of Craigslist) which after purchase, I discovered had what looked like water damage or burn in (I didn't notice it in the daylight outdoors when I bought it).

I sent it to Nokia for repair and they sent me a replacement which looks brand new. Very happy as I bought it very cheaply. Next Windows Phone I get will be full price or on contract since Nokia/Microsoft treat their customers great.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
never happened to me on my 720 and my 820

They don't have AMOLED screens, they have IPS LCD which is not affected by screen burn ins.

I've done a bit of Binging and it does look like screen burns are back via AMOLED technology. You'll be fine as long as you don't keep your screen on all the time. I wonder if that's why they didn't put Glance on the 930.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if that's why they didn't put Glance on the 930.
No, glance screen doesn't cause burn-in. The clock and the notifications change their position every minute. The only possibility is having a glance screen background with glance set to always on where the background picture could cause burn-in. That cannot be a reason to remove a handy feature.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No, glance screen doesn't cause burn-in. The clock and the notifications change their position every minute. The only possibility is having a glance screen background with glance set to always on where the background picture could cause burn-in. That cannot be a reason to remove a handy feature.

Glance background pictures move too

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
They don't have AMOLED screens, they have IPS LCD which is not affected by screen burn ins.

I've done a bit of Binging and it does look like screen burns are back via AMOLED technology. You'll be fine as long as you don't keep your screen on all the time. I wonder if that's why they didn't put Glance on the 930.

The 820 has an amoled screen fyi

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
And it isn't covered by warranty.
My 1020 is about to go into the trash it is so bad. Grrrr MS, grrrr.

Wiper did nothing for me fyi.

Where do you live? I've heard from European Nokia customers who got their burnt in AMOLED screens replaced under warranty. Nokia doesn't warn nor mention anything about the screen getting burned down over time, so this would be, like the battery, something which is covered by warranty.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Where do you live? I've heard from European Nokia customers who got their burnt in AMOLED screens replaced under warranty. Nokia doesn't warn nor mention anything about the screen getting burned down over time, so this would be, like the battery, something which is covered by warranty.

I purchased my phone from an MS store in the US, and took it back to them as such...

I need to do more research but my warranty ends in days on my 1020. Usually MS store is excellent with help... Lets just say I'm annoyed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett