Can the Bing search button be disabled?

somuee

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
In windows phone 8.1 it takes you to Cortana! Went from a bland "feature" to a very impressive super cool voice assistant! :)
Hmmm so now instead of a browser popping up after I accidentally brush it whilst taking a picture, I'm going to engage in an awkward conversation involving many insults.

Duct tape it is!

Korsarz

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
OP, did you by any chance figure out how to disable it? Or anyone else?
Very awkward placement for a search button, I always press it by accident. So annoying...
K.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
When you are in certain apps like games, the search button has to be pressed twice to start bing/cortana. It doesn't bother me anymore, except when using emulators lol.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
OP, did you by any chance figure out how to disable it? Or anyone else?
Very awkward placement for a search button, I always press it by accident. So annoying...
K.
Rotate your phone so the windows key is on the right, you will press it a lot less. You have to get used to it, it can be really useful at times though.

Korsarz

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Rotate your phone so the windows key is on the right, you will press it a lot less. You have to get used to it, it can be really useful at times though.

Yeah man, I see what you're saying, but I've been trying to get used to it for over a year now. It's not gonna happen. For my personal use, I have no use for this button. Anyway, I prefer Google to Bing. I just wish there was a way to disable it....

Also, wouldn't switching orientation (lefty) just mean that I will 'hit' the back button by accident?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah man, I see what you're saying, but I've been trying to get used to it for over a year now. It's not gonna happen. For my personal use, I have no use for this button. Anyway, I prefer Google to Bing. I just wish there was a way to disable it....

Also, wouldn't switching orientation (lefty) just mean that I will 'hit' the back button by accident?
What is worse? Back or search. And what phone do you have anyway?

Korsarz

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
What is worse? Back or search. And what phone do you have anyway?

hitting BACK by accident will be an improvement of sorts, and I thank you for this fix. My point is, I'd rather not have this problem in the first place - and I wonder if there's a way (a non-official one maybe).

I have the Lumia 820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720