I swear that little magnifying glass icon is the worst 'feature' I've had on any phone since the beginning of time.
    Korsarz and Deviantelf like this.
    07-15-2014 03:28 PM
    Not by a simple toggle, nope. It'll probably become much more useful in 8.1
    Laura Knotek and somuee like this.
    07-15-2014 03:36 PM
    I swear that little magnifying glass icon is the worst 'feature' I've had on any phone since the beginning of time.
    In windows phone 8.1 it takes you to Cortana! Went from a bland "feature" to a very impressive super cool voice assistant! :)
    somuee likes this.
    07-15-2014 04:00 PM
    In windows phone 8.1 it takes you to Cortana! Went from a bland "feature" to a very impressive super cool voice assistant! :)
    Hmmm so now instead of a browser popping up after I accidentally brush it whilst taking a picture, I'm going to engage in an awkward conversation involving many insults.

Duct tape it is!
    hs k likes this.
    07-16-2014 12:19 PM
    OP, did you by any chance figure out how to disable it? Or anyone else?
    Very awkward placement for a search button, I always press it by accident. So annoying...
    K.
    08-28-2014 05:18 AM
    When you are in certain apps like games, the search button has to be pressed twice to start bing/cortana. It doesn't bother me anymore, except when using emulators lol.
    Korsarz likes this.
    08-28-2014 05:21 AM
    OP, did you by any chance figure out how to disable it? Or anyone else?
    Very awkward placement for a search button, I always press it by accident. So annoying...
    K.
    Rotate your phone so the windows key is on the right, you will press it a lot less. You have to get used to it, it can be really useful at times though.
    Korsarz likes this.
    08-28-2014 05:23 AM
    Rotate your phone so the windows key is on the right, you will press it a lot less. You have to get used to it, it can be really useful at times though.
    Yeah man, I see what you're saying, but I've been trying to get used to it for over a year now. It's not gonna happen. For my personal use, I have no use for this button. Anyway, I prefer Google to Bing. I just wish there was a way to disable it....

Also, wouldn't switching orientation (lefty) just mean that I will 'hit' the back button by accident?
    08-28-2014 05:36 AM
    Yeah man, I see what you're saying, but I've been trying to get used to it for over a year now. It's not gonna happen. For my personal use, I have no use for this button. Anyway, I prefer Google to Bing. I just wish there was a way to disable it....

Also, wouldn't switching orientation (lefty) just mean that I will 'hit' the back button by accident?
    What is worse? Back or search. And what phone do you have anyway?
    08-28-2014 05:50 AM
    What is worse? Back or search. And what phone do you have anyway?
    hitting BACK by accident will be an improvement of sorts, and I thank you for this fix. My point is, I'd rather not have this problem in the first place - and I wonder if there's a way (a non-official one maybe).

I have the Lumia 820.
    08-28-2014 09:13 AM