Transferring photos to PC.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Phone memory is down to 300mb, so I thought I'd better do something about offloading some of the hi-res pics.
Have had a go and what a pain, I couldn't see thumbnails on the PC for the 34mp pics, so had to open every one before I could delete/ copy. Surely there's an easier way, I've got a 1000+ pics to do?!
I have been doing it by clicking on the WP icon in 'my computer' & then camera roll.
I have the syncing app on my laptop, but that didn't seem useful.
I miss the SD card on my N8, sometimes it feels as if I've gone backwards.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If the camera is saving the high RES as RAW windows can't read it natively. PhotoShop, canons editing software, adobe elements, and adobe lightroom can. It is worth the trouble as jpg degrades every time you copy it and raw doesn't. But that is normal. There is probably a program that will allow windows to natively view RAW. I don't know if any because I've nevered bothers looking as I use adobe lightroom to import and edit photos.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
No, the 34mps are Jpegs not raw. I can open them fine on the PC, but I'd like to view a list of thumbnails on the PC and not have to open every individual image to see what it is. I can see a thumbnail for the 5mp, but the 34mp thumbnail just shows a generic image. My PC is win7.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's weird jpgs should show natively. I don't know. You might just pull the photos into a folder you create on the desktop such as import hold. Delte the ones on the phone after, then pull back any you want to keep on the phone under saved pictures on the phone. And them view them from there. Wish I could be more help.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm just trawling through them, all 2100. Now I know why Cyan will auto upload the hi-res pics aswell, I didn't want that feature, now I'm looking forward to it!
On the upside, I'm blown away by the quality of the 34mp on the PC, the detail when zooming is fantastic :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett