Lumia 1020 keeps turning off

ShBi

May 25, 2013
Visit site
About a month ago my Lumia 1020 randomly began turning off. I've searched online and it seems many people have this problem, but I haven't found anything with a solution. Is there one? Anyone else have this experience and can give me some advice?

I actually just purchased the phone used off eBay around the end of April. The phone itself was in great condition, but I wonder if I would up with a defective model. Since I bought the phone used, I suppose I'm out of luck when it comes to manufacturer's warranty?

I tried factory resetting my phone on Monday evening, it was fine all of Tuesday but then today it's powered down twice. The first time it happened, the phone immediately turned back on when I pressed the power button, and the battery was at 45%. The second time was about 6 hours later, the phone did not respond when I pressed the power button. I had to hold down power + volume down for about 15 seconds before it vibrated and turned back on. The battery was at 32%.

I'd really appreciate any help on what to do with this.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It could either be a problem with your phone's hardware or software. For hardware issues unfortunately you'll have to get it checked at a shop (preferably Nokia Service center or equivalent). For software, your can try flashing your phone (perform dead flash) completely to the stock ROM using Nokia Care Suite. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12