08-08-2014 03:18 PM
36 12
tools
    Personally I am really waiting for Cyan. I am encountering so,e rare problems regarding Nokia Camera and picture editing using the latest DP.
    Just yesterday two of my shots can't be edited. One just says the media can't be displayed, the other one shows a green image with nothing to see. Last month I wanted to reframe a decent shot I took, the image suddenly turned black and then it was gone for good.

While this happens really rarely, it still gives that highly mixed feeling of doing a jeopardy when editing or sometimes even taking pics with Nokia Camera. I hope Cyan, with official drivers, can fix this.

So far I am also a bit disappointed by the fact the 1020 got nothing yet. However seeing neither the 920 nor the more recent 1320 got it yet shows there is no real pattern Microsoft follow when rolling it out. Last but not least o2 DE is again slow as hell, they still haven't rolled out the 925 Cyan yet!
    I joined just so I can comment on this. I have the same problem. I also get the green images problem. Seems like it doesn't matter if it is camera beta or just camera. It seems like when ever I open the picture in camera later to edit it might happen. But as long as I use something that doesnt touch the full resolution image it is fine. The 5 MP picture is always fine even if the 38 MP picture is corrupted. The only work around I have found is to leave the full res picture alone and transfer it to my computer so it will not get corrupted before messing with it.
    07-28-2014 12:27 PM
    With the photos F&*(ed up by DP are they in the memory when accessed why USB from a PC?

what sort of settings did i have? like low and high resolution, low and DNG? all gone? soft reset helped?
    Even though I am not him, I have the same problem and I will share what settings I had. I use high res + low res. The high res jpg is corrupted and it will show green both in the gallery and when you transfer it to a pc. I have soft reset and it still persisted. I have updated to 8.1 and had the same problem.
    07-28-2014 12:30 PM
    I joined just so I can comment on this. I have the same problem. I also get the green images problem. Seems like it doesn't matter if it is camera beta or just camera. It seems like when ever I open the picture in camera later to edit it might happen. But as long as I use something that doesnt touch the full resolution image it is fine. The 5 MP picture is always fine even if the 38 MP picture is corrupted. The only work around I have found is to leave the full res picture alone and transfer it to my computer so it will not get corrupted before messing with it.
    Even though I am not him, I have the same problem and I will share what settings I had. I use high res + low res. The high res jpg is corrupted and it will show green both in the gallery and when you transfer it to a pc. I have soft reset and it still persisted. I have updated to 8.1 and had the same problem.
    With the photos F&*(ed up by DP are they in the memory when accessed why USB from a PC?

what sort of settings did i have? like low and high resolution, low and DNG? all gone? soft reset helped?

I just have one issue with the editor. You cant save multiple edited photos from the smart cam. What good is a editor on high end cam phone if you cant edit one photo multi times?
    Eg I took a photo in smart cam mode of my 2 month old Son who is very animated when awake. His head was still but arms and legs were all over the place :) when you open in nokia camera the first image I saved was action shot and when I go back to camera roll the original is chanegd to the action shot that I took. I wanted one still "best shot" from it but it meant I had to edit the action shot to get it. When I save the best shot I lost the action shot? In short you just have only one pic. So much for Smart cam.
    Well just the other day I couldnt resist my temptation and installed the camera update. After that one of my problems solved which is the multiple save option. That being said I have a new issue like you have that is I have just one Black photo which was taken using smart cam. Although sometimes it shows up but then it is gone. As for the green shot. I have a feeling it could be the hardware which is corrupted. IF none of the resets woked I would say try Flashing your firmware with Nokia care suite for store and see how you go.
    With both issues I would also recommend posting it in the L1020 Forum under the issues with Lumia 1020. You might get a better response.
    07-28-2014 02:06 PM
    Please MS, bring update for lumia 1020.
    07-29-2014 08:49 AM
    07-31-2014 05:41 PM
    I hope we will get the CV's this week...
    08-04-2014 05:09 PM
    Today I got another WP8.1 DP update ... hopefully as preparation for official Cyan ...
    08-05-2014 04:04 AM
    A very god friend of mine who works for Nokia told me that Cyan for the 1020 and 520 is going to be released the third week of august, at least in Latin American, he is a serious guy
    08-05-2014 09:17 AM
    it's nice to see that they value the 1020 (a 700$ model) same as a 520 (100$ model)...
    Skamath and hagjohn like this.
    08-05-2014 04:14 PM
    A very god friend of mine who works for Nokia told me that Cyan for the 1020 and 520 is going to be released the third week of august, at least in Latin American, he is a serious guy
    Can you also ask this serious guy why us much later than the world? BTW if Nokia has decided 3rd week of August what are the netwroks testing all these days? and are they going to release at the same time?
    08-06-2014 01:43 AM
    Hi All The update is LIVE!!!! I am DL it right now. installing the pre update update started the process at 6.10 am here in aus.
    right now migrating data in step 3. Thank you MS for finally releasing it here

7.00am and the gears are spinning at 10% this is the 8.1 gears btw

The updates finished and I LOVE IT already. 7.18 am it was all done and dusted. 475MB worth of DL for the update.
    Last edited by Skamath; 08-08-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: update about the update :)
    08-08-2014 03:18 PM
36 12