Lumia 1020 Won't Connect to Computer or Backup

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello sir, i am facing a similar problem.I am unable to connect my Nokia lumia 620 to my windows 8 PC.
I tried every possible solution mentioned in this forum but still no luck.
Sir can u tell me whether the issue regarding the lumia 1020 connectivity has been resolved??
Thanks

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello sir, i am facing a similar problem.I am unable to connect my Nokia lumia 620 to my windows 8 PC.
I tried every possible solution mentioned in this forum but still no luck.
Sir can u tell me whether the issue regarding the lumia 1020 connectivity has been resolved??
Thanks
No, my 1020 still will not connect to my computer. The Easy Transfer app worked great though. You should try that

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Now I am facing another problem, My phone is getting discharged very fast.
I charged it to 100% and within 6hrs the battery percentage dropped to 0%(Phone turned OFF automatically due to low battery).
Please Help!!

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Now I am facing another problem, My phone is getting discharged very fast.
I charged it to 100% and within 6hrs the battery percentage dropped to 0%(Phone turned OFF automatically due to low battery).
Please Help!!

You will have to find a thread about your specific phone and battery issues

Jim Conway1

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to connect my 1020 to do a rollback from windows 10 to 8.1. My phone just would not be recognised by the computer, no matter what I tried. I've been through every solution that this forum has suggested, without any luck.
I think I've solved it. Well at least the computer no see's my phone.
I had and old usb hub and connected the phone through that. Hey presto it worked. Having a bit trouble with the rollback though, but at least the computer allows me to access the phone.

Hope this helps.

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
With regards to the failing Apps + Settings backup, I had an issue where it would stop at 96% and fail, apparently it was a common bug. A solution I found online for that particular bug was to delete the already-existing backup from OneDrive and back it up again. Interestingly though, these 'failed' backups would still appear on my OneDrive, looking as if nothing went wrong. Never did have to try them out, though.
Appreciate this is quite late, but if anyone else has that issue, it could be worth checking to see if that backup that failed actually has appeared on OneDrive - if it has, the backup might have completed but a bug might have caused the phone to believe it failed?

jagdeep chohan

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend and I went on a big trip around Europe recently, and she has a Lumia 1020 (I have a Lumia Icon). Over the last few months, she has not been able to back up her data, apps, photos, etc. properly. It has been hit or miss.

Now, she wants to connect her phone to her computer to import the photos and videos to her computer. However, connecting her phone does nothing other than charge it. No prompt comes up, no device is recognized, not even in device manager. Nothing happens at all. It only charges.

Microsoft suggested a hard reset of the whole phone. But that would mean losing all of the data she has, including the very important photos from our trip. They suggested to back up to the cloud, but OneDrive backups have been unreliable, as only some of her photos actually get backed up, and when she tries to create a new backup of settings+apps, it gets to 100% and then says there was a problem and fails.

She can't back anything up and the only solution seems to be a hard reset, in order to get her phone to connect to her computer again.

And yes, we tried a different USB cable, computer, etc. and the problem seems to be with the device. The drivers are not downloading to the computer when she connects her device. MS suggests it could be the device.

Help?

jagdeep chohan

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Even I face the same problem. I did hard reset, but the problem still exists. Nokia centre could not help me and told me that they don't know what this problem is all about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999