08-19-2014 03:20 PM
85 1234
tools
    I dont know how many times it needs to be said. There are devs all over this site that have received the update without having to downgrade. So whos wrong? Im leaving mine as is since its an update to get the SAME OS I ALREADY HAVE ON MY FRICKING PHONE... No feeling of entitlement here.
    08-09-2014 03:53 PM
    Allen, its clearly said (even in the headline) that Developer Preview users will get Windows Phone 8.1 update 1. The guy on Twitter (screenshot attached in Neowin's article) just asked if he NEEDS to downgrade and install Cyan update to get WP 8.1 update 1.
    Last edited by Martsicky; 08-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    David P2 likes this.
    08-09-2014 03:54 PM
    + People here are talking about Cyan update itself. It's just a Firmware from Nokia, and Dev Previewers are excluded from Cyan update list even if it's already available in their country for their device. In fact AS FOR NOW you HAVE TO DOWNGRADE to 8.0 to get WP 8.1 + Cyan, and then enroll to Dev Preview program to download Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 again.
    Last edited by Martsicky; 08-09-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    David P2 and DrRyder like this.
    08-09-2014 03:58 PM
    I have updated my 1520 and I m suffering from major loss in signal on Phone, Cellular Data connections and WiFi. Rolled back to WP 8.0 and the problem goes away. Reported it to Nokia and they just said thanks for the feedback.
    08-09-2014 04:26 PM
    Then Microsoft is lying....
    There is a difference between Cyan which is a firmware that is packaged with the 8.1 OTA update and DpGDR1... Microsoft has not fixed the Bitlocker issue... You can however update via the DP to get 8.1 and GDR1 but this is not Cyan! The firmware comes from the carrier, and your device , as of now, will not get this update if it is available, so long as you are on DP... If the update is available for your phone and you are on DP, you must rollback to get the update!!!! Plz take the time to understand
    08-09-2014 07:40 PM
    Just wanted to see if anyone has received an update in Germany on O2. It says its available, but no luck. I checked firmware(.0003) and they match.
    08-10-2014 12:06 AM
    There is a difference between Cyan which is a firmware that is packaged with the 8.1 OTA update and DpGDR1... Microsoft has not fixed the Bitlocker issue... You can however update via the DP to get 8.1 and GDR1 but this is not Cyan! The firmware comes from the carrier, and your device , as of now, will not get this update if it is available, so long as you are on DP... If the update is available for your phone and you are on DP, you must rollback to get the update!!!! Plz take the time to understand
    Indeed.. the tweet in question was referring to future updates (such as Debian Red, or whatever replaces its codename). Cyan isn't being released in the future... it's being released currently - massive difference.
    08-10-2014 03:39 AM
    cyan update installed yesterday morning.

EE user in the UK
    08-10-2014 05:19 AM
    Wasn't there already a threat for this?
    08-10-2014 05:25 AM
    No update here in Belgium, but it seems The Netherlands already have the update and it's the same language, strange!
    08-10-2014 05:33 AM
    Hey guys, is the additional settings in color profile really left out for 1020?
    08-10-2014 09:23 AM
    When cyan update for Lumia 520 will be available in India ?
    08-11-2014 03:41 AM
    When cyan update will be available in India?
    08-11-2014 03:41 AM
    Lumia 1020 Argentina Country variant already with CYAN, updated on my own phone.
    08-11-2014 03:24 PM
    Lumia 1020 Belgium country variant received CYAN update yesterday (14/8)
    08-15-2014 05:53 AM
    Went through the whole backup/downgrade/upgrade thing yesterday...took for-ev-uhhh!! but now I am back at update1 with the cyan firmware (which I really wanted for bluetooth / LE for my fitbit) the only annoyance is that when I copied back my photo's it set the date on all of them as yesterday, which means they are now randomly distributed about in the photo's app.

Does anyone know how to restore the pictures and keep the date intact?

08-15-2014 09:53 AM
    Installed here aswell (Belgium)
    08-15-2014 09:57 AM
    Successfully got the update yesterday in the USA via the AT&T network. Really wishing I hadn't. I miss my Gmail :(
    08-15-2014 05:15 PM
    Successfully got the update yesterday in the USA via the AT&T network. Really wishing I hadn't. I miss my Gmail :(
    What do you mean. I have dev prev 8.1 and still use Gmail as my default for contacts and calender?
    08-15-2014 05:25 PM
    As soon as I saw the Cyan update was rolling out, I downgraded to 8.0 with the NSRT then upgraded to Cyan + 8.1 then went back on the Dev Preview and updated back to 8.1 GDR1. Everything is running great.
    08-15-2014 05:55 PM
    I have been a longtime fan and supporter of Windows Phone and Nokia. I have urged others to try the OS and Nokia devices a and been mocked for my trying an enthusiasm. Today I am starting to understand why others laugh at the struggling platform and it's Nokia "smartphones".
    I spent some time on Android devices and really didn't care for it much, mainly the lag that sets in a few months after its new... But Windows Phone is becoming the same way.
    Last December I came back, with a phone I swore I would love (and did) the Lumia 1020. It wasn't long,a couple of weeks, before I noticed the update I had got shortly after had screwed up the phones main selling point: the camera.
    After some research I realized I wasn't the only one, and it took alot of arguing, countless resets (Prompted by Nokia,Microsoft and Att) before I got another phone reissued to me. All, originally offered refurbished devices, but I adamantly declined due to the device being less then a month old. Needless to say, the one they replaced it with was just the same.. Virtually broken out of the box.
    So, I had to do the same spiels all over again and eventually got another new device. This one perfect, but that sweet victory didn't last long. Soon the camera began to squeal and whine while shooting video and pics.... But then it quit whining like a pup who was about to get spanked for going in the house... It came and it went and I decided to live with it because thinking of going through what I had been through twice before, made my head hurt stomach nauseous. I mean its fine almost 90% of the time... I chalked it up to poor hardware and hoped the successor would be better.
    Alas, the Cyan update!!! (Sarcasm) .. We all anxiously awaited this monster update that had been touted for months on end at every turn. I finally read the good news via WpCentral app yesterday but was apprehensive because of the other horror stories I'd read in forums.... I had heard ATT was slow to release the update due to bugs.. Guess what??? Yup, I got my update and now the camera is getting worse,and the bonus of a completely broken store. Its asking me to purchases apps I have already purchased... And when I go into the store under "my apps", the list is completely empty. So I logged in via a PC and it shows I have 2 phones, but most of my purchased apps are there... With an exception of some that that I am being shed to purchase again...weird!
    I'm not new, I know what's going to asked of me before I contact support... And yes I have all my email purchase receipts...I rebooted, no help, I restarted... Nothing... I reverted back to factory using the Nokia Software Recovery tool.. And then updated, now I'm pissed and armed. ..
    So I reach out to support via chat.... And they said they have others experiencing the same issues and they have no answers or fixes... They prompt me to reboot and if that doesn't work to revert back to 8.0 and then update.... Once I said these were not options because I have already tried them all... That chat turned nasty.... For lack if a better word or description the guy became a **** and refused to let me speak to or give me the info of someone I could call or call me ... Then he just disconnected me...
    Long story , but the motto is DO NOT BUY WINDOWS/NOKIA... There is a reason they are losing the smartphone race... Poor build and horrible customer service... Once the check has cleared , so does their conscience!
    08-15-2014 08:52 PM
    Quite unfortunate bud....however, as for the Store saying you have to purchase apps again, just click "buy" and it will say "You've already purchased this app, would you like to install it again?" or something along those lines. I had the same issue. I reinstalled all my apps, even multiple apps that I paid for WITHOUT having to purchase any of them again. Trust me, I wouldnt have stood for it. Then I upgraded back to the WP 8.1 GDR1 and I'm also now seeing all of my apps (186) showing in the list.

Please try that and see what you get. Make sure you have set up your MS account with the phone so it will see that you have already purchased the app when you click Buy and even if it doesn't work, you dont have to risk purchasing the app by clicking buy because it still has to let you choose your payment method.

Hope it helps.
    08-15-2014 10:00 PM
    Well, I received my Cyan update Thursday evening and so far, knock on wood, all seemed to go very well. I am probably a very "simple" user compared to others, but for me, just being able to now have different tones for each email account is pretty cool. I'm also experimenting with the "quiet time" feature and am liking the new emoticons. So, for me, a pretty nice update and thus far (no jinx please!) pretty sweet. Oh....is there a quick way to mute the phone, or do you just need to push the volume button and touch the far left of the ringer/notifications and media/apps volume control?
    08-16-2014 11:26 AM
    One thing I've noticed is on DP, MS Live Lock Screen Beta kept locking up my phone (AT&T Lumia 1020). Now on official Cyan + Update 1DP and reinstalled Live Lock and all of the themes... Phone is smooth as silk!
    08-16-2014 02:36 PM
    I'm in the USA, just updated/installed 8.1 onto my 1020 last night. Strangely, no Cortana, but everything I read says it should be included with 8.1? Can anyone verify this? Other than that, everything seems to be working as advertised.

Steve

Morning All, Just reporting in, CV Lumia 1020 {UK}, received Cyan & 8.1 Update last night, sadly no cortanna, installed in about 30 Mins, looks good, starting to work around new software, will report back later.
    08-16-2014 02:45 PM
85 1234