Dont Make a New Thread.. Report your Cyan Update here

Mdtm

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I swear to Christ, if I see ONE more person post that you have to downgrade before you can update... MICROSOFT HAS SAID THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED DAYYYYYSSSS AGO. Goddammit what I wrong with some of you?! Just because you havnt received notice on your phone doesn't mean you have to downgrade. Just. Stop.

Downgrade or note I have the same issue, Cyan update has been confirmed for lta CV and I'm not sure if my product code is the right one or if I need to change it. Btw thanks for your help, maybe you could support some users instead being whining.

Thanks for your help.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Downgrade or note I have the same issue, Cyan update has been confirmed for lta CV and I'm not sure if my product code is the right one or if I need to change it. Btw thanks for your help, maybe you could support some users instead being whining.

Thanks for your help.

how am I the one whining? WAIT TIL YOUR PHONE SAYS YOU CAN UPDATE. Pretty simple to me. The whiners are the ones asking why they dont have the update yet. BIGGEST mistake in years was microsoft making developers previews available to the general public. If you notice, on the developers board, hardly a peep complaining. Mine will get updated when ATT gets off their *** and pushes it. Until then, ive got the developer preview with a NEW update that wont be available for a couple months. You all should feel lucky to have the developer preview. The update you are waiting for is identical only with carrier and region BS built in, what do you think you will get extra?

steva11

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked rogers phone and using it on bell in Canada. downgraded from dev preview and upgraded to 8.1 without issue.

Atticuscr

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 >> RM892 with Lumia cyan .. Deploy Started Thursday Night!
Core Build ID> 3051.50009.1424.10632
Firmware > 3051.50009.1424.0001
O.S Version > 8.10.12393.890
Box Code> A00013532 Nokia 925.1 CV LTAU1 BLACK

wp_ss_20140808_0002.pngwp_ss_20140808_0003.pngwp_ss_20140808_0004.png

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140808_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140808_0002.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys, Cortana most likely bundled with GDR1 for us UK users so to get it best sign up to preview with a free app studio account. Either that or turn on location - I don't have cyan on my 920 to confirm (I'm on build 12400.899 8 8.1 DP and stuck on a error 0x80188308 - so can't update to GDR1 (for which MS are working on a fix).

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys, Cortana most likely bundled with GDR1 for us UK users so to get it best sign up to preview with a free app studio account. Either that or turn on location - I don't have cyan on my 920 to confirm (I'm on build 12400.899 8 8.1 DP and stuck on a error 0x80188308 - so can't update to GDR1 (for which MS are working on a fix).

It is indeed part of the GDR1 update.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I swear to Christ, if I see ONE more person post that you have to downgrade before you can update... MICROSOFT HAS SAID THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED DAYYYYYSSSS AGO. Goddammit what I wrong with some of you?! Just because you havnt received notice on your phone doesn't mean you have to downgrade. Just. Stop.

As of NOW, you DO have to downgrade to get CYAN update..The Bitlocker bug has NOT been fixed!

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I dont know how many times it needs to be said. There are devs all over this site that have received the update without having to downgrade. So whos wrong? Im leaving mine as is since its an update to get the SAME OS I ALREADY HAVE ON MY FRICKING PHONE... No feeling of entitlement here.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
+ People here are talking about Cyan update itself. It's just a Firmware from Nokia, and Dev Previewers are excluded from Cyan update list even if it's already available in their country for their device. In fact AS FOR NOW you HAVE TO DOWNGRADE to 8.0 to get WP 8.1 + Cyan, and then enroll to Dev Preview program to download Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 again.

Last edited:

Ronald Melia

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my 1520 and I m suffering from major loss in signal on Phone, Cellular Data connections and WiFi. Rolled back to WP 8.0 and the problem goes away. Reported it to Nokia and they just said thanks for the feedback.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Then Microsoft is lying....

There is a difference between Cyan which is a firmware that is packaged with the 8.1 OTA update and DpGDR1... Microsoft has not fixed the Bitlocker issue... You can however update via the DP to get 8.1 and GDR1 but this is not Cyan! The firmware comes from the carrier, and your device , as of now, will not get this update if it is available, so long as you are on DP... If the update is available for your phone and you are on DP, you must rollback to get the update!!!! Plz take the time to understand

Scotty_V

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to see if anyone has received an update in Germany on O2. It says its available, but no luck. I checked firmware(.0003) and they match.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
There is a difference between Cyan which is a firmware that is packaged with the 8.1 OTA update and DpGDR1... Microsoft has not fixed the Bitlocker issue... You can however update via the DP to get 8.1 and GDR1 but this is not Cyan! The firmware comes from the carrier, and your device , as of now, will not get this update if it is available, so long as you are on DP... If the update is available for your phone and you are on DP, you must rollback to get the update!!!! Plz take the time to understand

Indeed.. the tweet in question was referring to future updates (such as Debian Red, or whatever replaces its codename). Cyan isn't being released in the future... it's being released currently - massive difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb