Dont Make a New Thread.. Report your Cyan Update here

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Cyan + 8.1 is now rolling out for the 1020 across the world, but ive noticed a few Threads being started announcing their Cyan update, which is great.. but for forum reading its a nightmare.

So if the MODS dont mind, ive started this thread to keep it all together, so it keeps the new Cyan roollout reports and discussions together, which keeps the forum tidy.. plus people can come and check in one place.

Please report your model and region and enjoy your Cyan

Im in UK with a Yellow 1020 CV GB and I got CYAN + 8.1 about 6 hours ago.

Have you got yours :)

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Im in uk with a black 1020 which is Vodafone DE (germany)
got the cyan update about 6 hours ago

1 thing ive found is bad Battery drain! 1 hour and savers popped up :-(

Winfred Arman Lati

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Philippines CV has it as well and I'm currently updating.

But is it normal for it to take so long in "Installing updates..."? It's not even actually 8.1 yet, and just the prep update. After restarting and clogs, it went straight to this and it's been like this for 30minutes now.

lester777

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Singapore variant and just updated my 1020 to Cyan. Everything looks and works okay so far, but I think the FM Radio disappeared from the Music hub. Can you guys check yours too?

lester777

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Singapore variant and just updated my 1020 to Cyan. Everything looks and works okay so far, but I think the FM Radio disappeared from the Music hub. Can you guys check yours too?

FM Radio is no longer integrated to the Music Hub. It has its own tile now.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
UK unlocked on 3. Done the prep update,doing the next update now, it's been an hour on the second update already.

bjmac1

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Morning All, Just reporting in, CV Lumia 1020 {UK}, received Cyan & 8.1 Update last night, sadly no cortanna, installed in about 30 Mins, looks good, starting to work around new software, will report back later.

Mac182

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
UK GB:CV 1020

Rolled back to 8.0 using software recovery last night (it failed the first time, my heart stopped).

Installed prep, then cyan, installed DP then updated to GDR1, and finally I reset phone and then installed DP again (so up-to-date and as clean as possible). Installed all my apps last night and set to charge.

Basic apps I am using:
* Facebook + Messenger
* Twitter
* Whatsapp
* Cortana
* WPCentral APP
* Bing: News/Sport/Weather/Travel/Food/Fitness
* Here DRIVE+
* GMail synced
* All the Nokia camera apps + Photoshop
* Live Lockscreeen Beta
* Ebay

It seemed really smooth with just cyan installed, still seems ok. The loading/resuming seems faster and less frequent, apps seem to load quicker (I kept the phone quite clean before with hard resets between installations). For example FB Messenger opens quicker and isn't as laggy on first opening.

Been off charge for 2 hours now, push notifications are working, no apps turned off in the background. Trying to do my typical usage but hard not to pick it up and play with it. Still at 100% (was getting that without Cyan though really). Phone is cold to the touch, took a few photos and played with Facebook for 10 mins. Will update battery % tonight if anyone is interested in performance.

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Cyan Update for Lumia 1020 is live in India. Latest version is 3051.50009.1424.0002. I am on DP 8.1 with GDR1 update. I think I need to revert back to WP8 using the Nokia Recovery Tool software. Did anyone install the latest update in India?? Please report..

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Finally finished installing. Cyan and 8.1. Phone is running a little warm, possibly because if the length of time it was updating ( and the 79 app updates that it did at the same time!😃) .

David Wendling

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I am in the US and have tried to update my phone to Cyan, but it says that my phone is already up to date (i have a lumia 1020). The currently installed software versions on my phone is Black. Can someone help me figure out why I cannot seem to upgrade?

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am in the US and have tried to update my phone to Cyan, but it says that my phone is already up to date (i have a lumia 1020). The currently installed software versions on my phone is Black. Can someone help me figure out why I cannot seem to upgrade?

Hi david it depends on your 1020's carrier as some are release earlier than others . the best you can do is just keeping check for updates in settings or point your browser here although they do have a delay in update the page typically 12 hours ive found .

Availability in North America - Nokia

debrgos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone please reveal what the approximate size of the Lumia Cyan update is?And is it downloadable only through Wi-Fi?I'm on a Lumia 520 with wp 8.1 dp gdr 1(or update 1).In India,we have very rare access to Wi-Fi and hence if an update is allowed only through Wi-Fi,it becomes a pain for us to find out a Wi-Fi network.Please state the size of the Cyan update.

venkatesrockz

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone please reveal what the approximate size of the Lumia Cyan update is?And is it downloadable only through Wi-Fi?I'm on a Lumia 520 with wp 8.1 gdr 1(or update 1).In India,we have very rare access to Wi-Fi and hence if an update is allowed only through Wi-Fi,it becomes a pain for us to find out a Wi-Fi network.Please state the size of the Cyan update.
Did u got lumia cyan update??

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone please reveal what the approximate size of the Lumia Cyan update is?And is it downloadable only through Wi-Fi?I'm on a Lumia 520 with wp 8.1 dp gdr 1(or update 1).In India,we have very rare access to Wi-Fi and hence if an update is allowed only through Wi-Fi,it becomes a pain for us to find out a Wi-Fi network.Please state the size of the Cyan update.

Don't know how accurate this is but data sense says that phone update has had 505 mb of WiFi data wp_ss_20140808_0008.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077