1020 Philippine Users, check your phones for Cyan!

Matthew Yap

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
thanks, the lags i experience is when i double tap to wake, the "resume" or loading comes before i input my passcode. and with some apps (like temple run 2 and shark evo) they kinda' like stuck. read in some threads that I should change the background photos then I'm good but to no avail, I tried soft reset same thing.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
thanks, the lags i experience is when i double tap to wake, the "resume" or loading comes before i input my passcode. and with some apps (like temple run 2 and shark evo) they kinda' like stuck. read in some threads that I should change the background photos then I'm good but to no avail, I tried soft reset same thing.

I see. I've experienced that "resuming" or "loading" thing a few times, but not too often. In this link, many claim that the issue is related to having Cortana pinned to the start screen, but some also claim that they don't encounter the problem even if Cortana is pinned. I'm also not sure if you have Cortana on your start screen, but if you do try unpinning Cortana and see what happens. I have Cortana pinned but I'm not experiencing lag.

Background photos? Are you referring to the Live Lock Screen BETA app or the Start Screen Background? If you're referring to the Live Lock Screen BETA app, that may be unlikely since I have 191 background photos set.

As for the apps like Temple Run 2 or Shark Evo, my Temple Run 2 seemed to take more time to load (I even thought it was stuck) but after a while (maybe 15 seconds) it loaded and the game was as smooth as before. Try checking if you have un-exited apps (press the back capacitive icon and then swipe left or right and close the apps that have not yet been exited) since that would free up more RAM... though 2GB of RAM is often more than enough in most cases and the extra GB was intended for handling the high resolution camera/sensor.

I'm also guessing that the Cyan update would improve on these lag issues with the proper firmware. At any rate, still no Cyan update for me with L1020 DP8,1 GDR1.

Last edited:

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Yup, L1020, pero nakaDeveloper Preview 8.1 ako and Updated with GDR1...my extras+info says I'm using Lumia Black, so I haven't received the Cyan Firmware update yet. I have read in the WPCentral forums that those in DP8.1 GDR1 may have to wait a bit longer to receive Cyan. So far, only those who are not in Developer Preview are receiving the Cyan update. So, kaunting hintay lang, hehe

Ayaw mo magrollback sa 8.0 tpos cyan tapos dev preview ulet? wala lang medyo matrabaho nga lang yon kung marami kang irereinstall.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Ayaw mo magrollback sa 8.0 tpos cyan tapos dev preview ulet? wala lang medyo matrabaho nga lang yon kung marami kang irereinstall.

Medyo nagbabasa-basa na ako tungkol sa pag-rollback to 8.0, medyo marami kasi akong i-re-reinstall and i-se-set-up (e-mail accounts and server configurations). Regarding this, nag-back-up na ako in Settings > Back-up, but not sure if that back-up covers app files (especially yung mga images sa Galleries and Live Lock Screen BETA).

Has anyone backed up and rolled back to 8.0 from 8.1 GDR1 then installed Cyan? If yes, did the back-up include app custom files (i.e. app image settings)?

atbp1020

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
just updated mine yesterday nung nabalitaan ko na pwede na, so far ang pinakagusto ko sa lahat ay iyong pwede na palitan and background ng mga tiles, and nilulook forward ko pa din eh ung mga improvements tungkol sa camera.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Another update for the L1020 CV Philippines: Currently "Preparing to Install". I hope it's CYAN this time. Will update after installing.

Update 1: Says "Nokia Update for Windows Phone". Installing...

Update 2: It is CYAN! Cyan has arrived to L1020 Dev Prev users in the Philippines.
OS: 8.10.14157.200 (Got updated to this right after Cyan)
FRN: 3051.50009.1424.0009
wp_ss_20141002_0003.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans