Lumia 1020 won't turn on (not able to soft/hard reset, NSRT does not detect the phone)

ikarzi

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Had the exact same issue last week, after trying all those mentioned steps, efforts went sideways, sent it to the service only to hear "Should replace a motherboard (warranty for one month only)".
I was totally disappointed to leave my L1020 in cold, I'm hoping someone could share their experience after motherboard replacement. Lastly, I'm skeptical about further investing as I'm definitely out of warranty. Thanks for the info guys

Rojaws

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
This sounds like an urban myth but it actually worked on my 1020 which was fully charged, and had been unresponsive for a week, despite trying all of the resets that usually work.
If you're using the battery pack extender, remove it. Then wrap your phone in a plastic bag and place it in a deep freeze for an hour. Reconnect it to the charger and just leave it alone, mine resets after about an hour when it gets back to room temperature.
This fix was passed on to me by an auto electrician who says its an old trick used to reset some car stereos after the car battery has been replaced incorrectly. Worked for me (he claims 60% success rate; but sorry, no promises).
Nokia/Microsoft, it's frustrating that we have to mess around like this.

ankitgupta1020

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I do have the same problem,My phone's screen is stuck on Glance screen Showing 22:37 instead of being completely off and no matter what key combination i use to reset the phone stays as it is,it doesnt even vibrate!
And one more thing,When i see my 1020's stucked on glance screen(Showing 22:77,42 hours before i wrote this)
on a pitch dark environment,i can see a lot of dots on the screen.If you got the problem sorted out,Please help me!
13988197_1066656400048678_7716485521369128910_o.jpg

ankitgupta1020

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I do have the same problem,My phone's screen is stuck on Glance screen Showing 22:37 and no matter what key combination i use to reset the phone stays as it is,it doesnt even vibrate!
And one more thing,When i see my 1020's stucked on glance screen(Showing 22:77,42 hours before i wrote this)
on a pitch dark environment,i can see a lot of dots on the screen.If you got the problem sorted out,Please help me!13988197_1066656400048678_7716485521369128910_o.jpg

Min09

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
My Nokia 1020 has exactly the same problem as Brandon Krotz describes. I have been searching the Net for answers with no luck. Now I joined this forum with the hope for a solution. It doesn't look like I can find solution here either. I have tried soft and hard reset, have tried different usb cables, have tried to leave it on changing over night. .. nothing worked! Please help me. I have photos from recent holiday on the phone which I am desperately want to recover them.

JamesSmithuk

Jun 19, 2019
Visit site
Had the same problem today so I took the motherboard out and blasted it with an heat gun for 60secs, now the phone turns on, there was probably a break in the solder somewhere.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem today so I took the motherboard out and blasted it with an heat gun for 60secs, now the phone turns on, there was probably a break in the solder somewhere.

How did you go about opening it up and reassembling. My 1020 has been so increasingly crippled by each successive Win 10 update that it is pretty unusable. Last weeks patches made it as slow as can be. Like most apps take many minutes to simply load after booting, and pressing the Lumia Camera shutter is good to take a pix 2 seconds later. "Look ma' no timer needed!" :)

I could force it back to Win 8/8.1 -- just for what's left of the good camera (I did get a 950XL). However, for this to be worth it, the battery should be replaced. Since this requires things to be taken apart, your input will be very much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99