PC doesn't see Nokia 1020 with usb cable?

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, ok, did that. There is nothing under portable devices, only 6 items under Other Devices. When I uninstall them, they just reappear again when I reconnect the phone. I'm going out to buy a new data cable right now, and I'll report back on whether a new cable works.

You would not see 6 items just one, the one with your phone name. The others might be from your other portable devices.
1. When you connect your phone to your PC, do your phone starts charging ? If yes do you see it listed where you go to disconnect normal pendrives, from where you eject them.
2. If you do see your phone in the start bar eject place(that place to the bottom right corner). Go to your device manager, from there check if it shows your phone name under portable devices. If it does show it then uninstall it from there.
3. After uninstalling, disconnect your phone from USB.
4. Now again connect your phone in unlocked state. Your phone connects and starts charging. If it does, go back to device manager and check if your phone is listed under portable devices again. If yes wait for a minute or so, you will see your phone connected to your PC.
I suffer from the issue with my Lumia 525.

roadstar2

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I tested it a few times. Nothing was showing up under Portable Devices. My phone will NOT connect with usb if it is powered up ("on"), I have tried it, and just tried it again, no go. However, my phone WILL connect perfectly if I turn it off first. It turns itself on, windows bleeps and there it is. It also shows up normally in Portable Devices. I tried it with 2 different usb cables and they both worked the same, so the micro usb cable does not seem to be proprietary (although both of these came with cell phones).

I can't tell you how grateful I am to have this fixed, because I know others are still having problems. I think everyone having this problem should do a support contact with Nokia/Microsoft through their website.

(As a note, if I take pictures while it's plugged in with usb, I have to power down again and reconnect to see the new pictures. It doesn't appear to refresh itself.)

Ivor McClintock

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Having the same trouble with mine now. It used to work perfectly. I have downloaded hundreds of photos and videos in the past. The phone just dosen't seem to see my laptop or descktop computers. Any ideas ??

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
In Control Panel go to Devices and Printers. If you see an unknown USB Device at the bottom, uninstall it, reboot the computer and try again. It sounds like it just needs to reload the drivers.

Jopamine

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I was scared at first, cuz just my phone icon showed up with no folders when I double-clicked. Then, when I went to my 1020, I just had to unlock my phone, then I got access to everything. Whew, I was surprised. I hope it's that easy for you guys.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try a different cable, port, and laptop. I am not encouraged, though. The Bluetooth is not working anymore, and now I'm terribly worried that I can't get the high-res images off the phone.

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try a different cable, port, and laptop. I am not encouraged, though. The Bluetooth is not working anymore, and now I'm terribly worried that I can't get the high-res images off the phone.

You can upload all photos easily to OneDrive, even the High Res Photos.

shivpandey

May 14, 2018
Visit site
You can contact nokia support. As some of the manufacturer supplies duplicate cables in the market so you can better know first what are the cables you have.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
While I don't usually have problems having my L1020 recognized by Win10, I do have other problems. In any event, I usually solve these by using FTP to transfer files, which is surprisingly fast.

There is probably a minor downside to FTP, fast as it can be. The FTP apps may change the file dates, which does not happen when a USB files transfer is used. Anyway, FTP can be a very useful thing for the L1020 owners.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs