I Just updated the 1020 to CYAN and I must say MS has done it to me again. I am in LOVE with the new update and with NOKIA all over again.

Can we please have inputs on what you have and have not liked about 1020 CYAN so far.

I like the extra tiles, notification centre, background, faster and smoother to run!

Dont like the missing shortcuts for mobile data, location and the likes in the notification centre. Missing folder options :( and the games that were originally in the games shortcut are now cluttering the menu as they have been let loose.

Anybody else with what they have liked so far and hated/ missed.

It might be helpful in general when this discussion might lead people to find other hidden gems in their 1020.

Cheers
    S
    Da1020Da and paulxxwall like this.
    08-08-2014 05:57 PM
    I Just updated the 1020 to CYAN and I must say MS has done it to me again. I am in LOVE with the new update and with NOKIA all over again.

Can we please have inputs on what you have and have not liked about 1020 CYAN so far.

I like the extra tiles, notification centre, background, faster and smoother to run!

Dont like the missing shortcuts for mobile data, location and the likes in the notification centre. Missing folder options :( and the games that were originally in the games shortcut are now cluttering the menu as they have been let loose.

Anybody else with what they have liked so far and hated/ missed.

It might be helpful in general when this discussion might lead people to find other hidden gems in their 1020.

Cheers
    S
    This just gets better. I even signed up for the DP Update 1 got the Live app folder works good. Cortana has a long way to go before it gets to where they show it in the TV advert. She wont say my wifes name when I ask her to remind me like in TV ad. I couldnt find any settings which would add more custom words or phrases to dictionary. I am not sure what all I havent had a chance to look at. But will pop it in here as soon as I get to them. OHhh Excitement here we come.
    08-09-2014 12:15 AM
    Yep liking it better than Black
    But a few things since I put it on

The action centre, is almost useful. A few more shortcuts wouldn't go a miss perhaps 2 rows of 4.
    As you say a shortcut for mobile data would have been good. You can change them BTW but still no option for mobile data but you can add location to the list. settings > notifications + actions tap an icon to change it to whatever you want.

An Option in wifi needs putting back. The setting " keep wifi on when screen times out" has disappeared.

Not tried cortana yet. Would have been good if it was released native but that will come later.
    But at least the voice recognition works now, more than it did in black ( for me anyway )
    08-09-2014 08:21 AM
    Any changes in photo capturing?
    Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk
    08-09-2014 08:23 AM
    All Ive noticed so far, but not really played with it much yet.
    [From locked press and hold camera button] Seems a little quicker to start.
    Time between being able to take another shot and taking the last has also been reduced a little.
    08-09-2014 08:32 AM
    Like most. Dislike having games in app list.

Good job MS and Nokia. Has to be said that some features have been a very long time coming but better late than never.
    08-09-2014 08:34 AM
    Most of us here have been enjoying all the 8.1 features (Cortana, Action/Notification center, Wordflow/Swipe keyboard, Start screen backgrounds/transparent tiles, etc) for a while now. At the same time, we've been living with the things Microsoft took away (or broke) that we originally had in WP8.0 (games in the apps list, the broken hubs (photos, music, games, and the social integration (FB, Twitter) in the people hub/messaging)) But, now that most of us have Cyan now, and the new dev preview "update 1", we have new things to keep us busy! lol Love the new Live Folders! Microsoft always seems to know when to "throw us a bone"!
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-09-2014 09:01 AM
    The mobile data toggle is well-requested, as is extra toggle buttons - be it another row of buttons, existing buttons being squished to make room for one more (my lumia 1520 already has 5 toggles due to large screen), or perhaps a scrollable 'carousel' of toggle buttons. Location already has a toggle.

I don't mind games in my apps list, but I sympathise with those who hate it. All they need to do is add a tick box in the games hub settings that says 'show games in main app list' and everyone is pleased. Games must also be uninstallable from the games hub.

I'm also awaiting better e-mail attachment handling in the e-mail client, and gapless music playback. When those two things get sorted I'm going to be a lot happier.
    08-09-2014 12:29 PM
    Heaps I would say. Living images though only works while using gallery thru camera app. Direct view of the gallery will only show the photo. I think the images are much more sharper when zoomed in (although I think it is still pale in comparison to 808 pureview) And as Mick said overall speed is quicker and it is not chewing on the battery too much.

The mobile data toggle is well-requested, as is extra toggle buttons - be it another row of buttons, existing buttons being squished to make room for one more (my lumia 1520 already has 5 toggles due to large screen), or perhaps a scrollable 'carousel' of toggle buttons. Location already has a toggle.

I don't mind games in my apps list, but I sympathise with those who hate it. All they need to do is add a tick box in the games hub settings that says 'show games in main app list' and everyone is pleased. Games must also be uninstallable from the games hub.

I'm also awaiting better e-mail attachment handling in the e-mail client, and gapless music playback. When those two things get sorted I'm going to be a lot happier.
    scrollable toggle is good and obviously we can chooose what order the buttons are placed in. Davis Can you please tell us where the check box is to remove all the games from the app list? I cant find anything for that in the .... at the bottom only two options available one for refresh and other for about.
    08-09-2014 11:35 PM
    I have a 1020 and a 1520 and the 8.1 update has made them like new phones to me again! I am enjoying them so much more since it has been on the phones. The word flow keyboard, the quick drop down settings and Cortana are just a few of the amazing things. I came over from a IPhone 5s to my 1520 and have found Cortana is better than Siri (at least for me it is!)
    08-10-2014 08:33 AM
    I have a 1020 and a 1520 and the 8.1 update has made them like new phones to me again! I am enjoying them so much more since it has been on the phones. The word flow keyboard, the quick drop down settings and Cortana are just a few of the amazing things. I came over from a IPhone 5s to my 1520 and have found Cortana is better than Siri (at least for me it is!)
    May be you can give us a first hand experience review to Cortana Vs Siri. Is it like what they show in the add? Mine often shows me the bing results instead of talking :(
    08-10-2014 02:32 PM
    24 hours down anew lost only 4% battery. Shocker of all time. I will have to try this again. Had location Wi-Fi data Cortana and few other apps allowed in background.

It turns out that it wasnt the case. I was almost able to recreate the scenario and it turns out that my battery level had dropped to 83% for the entire day and my mrs charged it for me.(awwwww) to 100% never before.
    So when I looked at it in the morning it was 96% so 4% overnight explained. I tried it again and it works the same way.
    Last edited by Skamath; 08-12-2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Feeling Sheepish for jumping to conclusion
    08-11-2014 02:41 PM