Alright Fellas, i am currently using WhatsApp on my Lumia 1020 with Airtel number on it..
    I Just bought an another Simcard (Vodafone) for my Lumia 1020 because The Airtel signal seems not good on my lumia (as it giving heavy signal drops).
    And so i will be putting up my Airtel sim on my Nokia N70 and use it further as back up phone (as i dont want to lose the number becoz the airtel is with me for over 7 yrs now and every friend of mine whole my airtel number)..

I also have an Ipod touch 2g (Jail-broken and Whatsapp application installed into it).

So since i am planning to put Vodafone on Lumia 1020, i want to use Whatsapp with vodafone number..

My Question is, The Whatsapp is already installed on my Lumia 1020 with Airtel (Running). After putting Vodafone on Lumia, i will put airtel into my N70 and activate Whatsapp on ipod touch.. Is this possible to do for free!!
    If so, HOW?? Give Procedure please..

Pls help..!
    08-09-2014 02:15 AM
    Its free. Just setup your whatsapp account(airtel) on your ipod & then automatically whatsapp acount(airtel) from your lumia will be removed cause you cannot access a whatsapp account on two devices at the same time. Then you can use your vodafone number for setting up whatsapp in your lumia.
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    08-09-2014 02:19 AM
    "You cannot access a whatsapp account on two devices at the same time"
    Thanks Aniket, That was quick..

But i dont understand this.. When you cannot access a Whatsapp account on two devices at same time, how can i activate a Whatsapp account (related to Same number) on second device when the account is already active on the first device..? Will it allow me to go active on second device or will i be denied??
    08-09-2014 11:34 AM
    So your 1020 will have vodafone sim and whatsapp with that number whereas whatsapp registered with your Airtel number will run on your iPod touch??

There is an option to change your number in the application itself, do that on 1020 and give your vodafone number. There is one downside to it, only the contacts that have 91 prefix will be recognised from this point but all your old chats will be retained.

Now have your n70 ready with Airtel sim in it and proceed for verification in your ipod. Enter the code that you get and you are good to go.
    08-09-2014 12:25 PM
    Thanks Aniket, That was quick..

But i dont understand this.. When you cannot access a Whatsapp account on two devices at same time, how can i activate a Whatsapp account (related to Same number) on second device when the account is already active on the first device..? Will it allow me to go active on second device or will i be denied??

As soon as you start whatsapp on your ipod with your airtel number at that moment it will be removed from your 1020
    08-09-2014 01:43 PM
    "Now have your n70 ready with Airtel sim in it and proceed for verification in your ipod. Enter the code that you get and you are good to go "
    Thanks Revanth,

I have read this somewer else before.. But While Verifying AGAIN with Airtel from N70 for my Ipod, will i not lose the free validity of Whatsapp?? Will i be charged for verifying the second time?? I have atleast 9 months of Validity left on Airtel..

Other than this all other procedures are good to go..
    08-09-2014 11:22 PM
    As soon as you start whatsapp on your ipod with your airtel number at that moment it will be removed from your 1020
    Ok Aniket, I will try this... Thank you...
    08-09-2014 11:23 PM
    Thanks Revanth,

I have read this somewer else before.. But While Verifying AGAIN with Airtel from N70 for my Ipod, will i not lose the free validity of Whatsapp?? Will i be charged for verifying the second time?? I have atleast 9 months of Validity left on Airtel..

Other than this all other procedures are good to go..
    I am not really sure about validity part, but I don't think there is an other option.
    08-10-2014 10:54 AM
    I am not really sure about validity part, but I don't think there is an other option.

Validity won't change
    08-11-2014 01:47 AM