What are the changes that result from Cyan update?

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 8.1 update 1, and not sure is it worth the reset to get cyan... So if you noticed differences in cyan, do post them here :)
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm interested does it give any fixes in known bugs, or ones brought by update 1. Mostly graphical but annoying still.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Back in the 925 forums people upgrading from DP to Cyan were rather pissed because there virtually weren't any new features. Even battery life wasn't exactly better. I am rather sure the same can be said about the 1020, at least in terms of features and battery life. Camera stuff behind the scenes is a different topic of course.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

I believe cyan is different from update 1 (GDR1), and that is detailing what you will get on update 1.

To answer OP's question, I dont think I got something from cyan. its just the same 8.1. Getting update 1 though through DP will get you live folders, which is nice..

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I can live without any major changes, just wish those transition lags would be gone, and IE makes weird jumps when scrolling any website.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
This is what I was looking for.
Thanx OP for asking what I was afraid to ask haha.
I was expecting a battery life improvement after cyan but if there is none, I don't see a reason to go back to 8 and then to 8.1 only to get Cyan. Some users report to have a better RAM performance but until that is 101% confirmed, I will wait till MS releases the fix to get Cyan from a DP OS.

***UPDATE***
I was curious so I binged it and found this
http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/windows-phone-8-1-full-changelog-hands-on-demo-videos-tips-tutorials/

Nothing for us 1020 users apparently

Last edited:

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp lost 2/3 of my favourites after the Cyan update. When I opened up Whatsapp after the update I got a message saying that Whatsapp wasn't compatible with my current OS version.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Does it fix (at least make better) the horrible performance I have on my 1020? I get constant "resuming..." even in core apps like messaging, stuttering on the start screen, and pretty slow launching on many apps.

Can anyone comment on that?

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I made the decision to roll back to obtain official Cyan. So far the transition lags are gone, can't see as much "loading /resuming" as before and the original smoothness of OS is back. Can't be bothered to go update 1, gonna wait official version of it.
Pictures taken seems just as good as they were before. Battery life seems as good as it was on 8.0. DP versions of OS didn't seem to be optimized for battery life and smoothness of OS.
So far so good 😊

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Miska would you mind to check out whether you got the new, additional bright green color accent with your Cyan update? It should be the last one on the accent list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99