Updated to 8.1, hard reset, can't restore some apps?!

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I've updated my 1020 to 8.1, making sure I backed up, and did a hard reset to its nice and clean. Restarted phone and proceeded to restore my settings/apps

however, some apps I previously had doesn't appear to install. For example, Modern Combat 4 (in fact quiet a few other xbox games) according to "my apps" saying that its "no longer available" or not published, but yet, I can still see it in the store and I can "buy" it again?!

Tried to buy it again hoping it would know that I had already purchased it, but seems to go through the motion as if I wish to purchased it.

Even tried https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/purchase-history?signin=true to install it via webpage, but "app is no longer published"

How can i restore all my apps back? Hope I haven't lost them!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I've updated my 1020 to 8.1, making sure I backed up, and did a hard reset to its nice and clean. Restarted phone and proceeded to restore my settings/apps

however, some apps I previously had doesn't appear to install. For example, Modern Combat 4 (in fact quiet a few other xbox games) according to "my apps" saying that its "no longer available" or not published, but yet, I can still see it in the store and I can "buy" it again?!

Tried to buy it again hoping it would know that I had already purchased it, but seems to go through the motion as if I wish to purchased it.

Even tried https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/purchase-history?signin=true to install it via webpage, but "app is no longer published"

How can i restore all my apps back? Hope I haven't lost them!

If they're showing as 'no longer published' then you can't get them back unless they are republished again. And installing manually with the XAP file won't work - the store will recognise that the app/game you are trying to reinstall isn't published anymore, and refuse to continue.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
well, I got onto the online chat. Its a bit of a mystery to be honest.

It transpired that 5 of my games (Brain Challenge, Assassin Creed, Lets Golf 2, Modern Combat 4 and Asphalt 7 Heat - all gamesoft) appears to be purchased according to my "purchased history", but on the commerce.microsoft.com site, it doesn't appear as a transaction of purchased.

Not sure what happened, but it sounds like I had those games free since April upto now without paying for it!

Perhaps those games were initially free and now has to pay for it. Or perhaps I got them on promotion. Thats the only explanation I can come up with.

So looks like I lost my "free" games during the upgrade. Darn!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs