Nokia Lumia. 1020 still worth to buy?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 goes EOL (End Of Life) next month. I love mine but honestly if I were making a decision right now I'd wait a little longer to see what's new. The 830 is on the horizon and I'm willing to bet that a couple of more handsets will come along with it about the same time since they almost never announce just one phone at a time. And who knows, one of them may just be the successor to the 1020 we've been waiting for? Never know.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I am also very happy with this phone, but sometimes i wish it would be a bit thinner...
Someone's people do expect too much, right?
U already have a dslr fit into ur pocket (in fact, back pocket), still u expect out to be slimmer. May be a camera lens will do it for u rather than a phone.

Don't mind, I m not making fun of you, just thought, must be happy to get that awesome camera phone, rather than expecting more out of it.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm already stick with Nokia brand as long as I remember. My first Windows phone is Lumia 800 which amazed me with it's camera. Now I'm using Lumia 625. And I think I'm ready for higher end device.

At first I really love to get ICON but it only available in US. So I think 1020 is the best choice for me.

I already familiar with function since I use wp from 7.5 and I love to see this device.

The thing is my main reason for 1020 is RAM and storage. And I'm not quiet confortable with Oversized phone.

I somewhat feel alike about phones. I am also not comfortable with oversized phones. I started with 800, now having 720 and waiting to upgrade a prime phone soon. I am actually waiting for launch of 730 n 830 in next month as 830 going to be with pure view camera, though may not have 41 mp, it may come to with excellent camera. And msft is rumoured to be announcing then on 4th Sept and launching them globally immediately.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
FWIW it's very durable and so is the new crop such as the 630.

I hope the polycarbonate unibody continues with some of the later lumias... such a great design!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
We are 100% impressed with our 1020 we bought earlier this month new off eBay. Both white and the camera is worth the price of admission alone.

ajmerashiwangi

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 is still worth to buy. You can easily buy this handset without any trouble. 41 Megapixels camera helps to capture stunning picture with good control to mobile users. It involve High resolution display, a full day of use battery. Critics said, the Lumia 1020 is best windows handset. Mobile users used so far and offers the best camera in the industry.

cloud_ishida

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that the 1020 is slow at taking pictures... And now there're rumors about the successor of the 1020 because some Microsoft declarations. My girlfriend wants this phone because she likes taking pictures (she has a 820 but the screen broke, so now she's stuck with a lagdroid in the time being), but it's near the end of its life cycle, so we have the same dilemma... To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

Sifrei

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine one or two months ago and, since we've got no announced succesor, I think it's still a good buy if you really like the camera. Battery life and non-expandable memory is the only thing that drives me mad.

matznet

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I found a really good offer for new off-contract 1020 at local store (circa 200€). I need your opinions. :)

My situation is as this: I own a 920 since August 2013, really like it (now with WP8.1 via DP). The only issues with my 920 are: 1) sometimes I wish the "Resuming..." would go a bit faster (minor issue); 2) the battery sometimes could be better but generally happy (minor issue); 3) if the heat that it produces was just a bit less...! (minor issue); 4) it weights too much! (major issue).

So, you see, 3 minor and 1 major issue - weight.

Given that I want to keep WP - do you think that 1020 is a good buy for me?
It weights less (158 g VS 185 g), but could one feel that difference?
I know that the 2 Gb of RAM of the 1020 are there also to deal with the Camera software, but I guess those 2 Gb of RAM will be beneficial to the overall user experience beside the Camera, will they not?
On GSMarena I also saw that some battery tests are in favor to 1020 (44 h VS 61 h of endurance rating), despite their batteries have same mAh but different models.

I have been thinking a lot about changing my 920 recently, due to its weight (not the size, size is ok, weight is the problem). I am considering the 830, but not sure because the price seems a bit too high for its processor... but I would not want the 735 or 635 because they do not suit me (selfie features useless, screen too bad, respectively). Those 200€ are perfect to me, nevertheless I do not want to waste them. :D

Tell me what you think! :)

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
i'm still pretty happy with my 1020 after a year. When I got it I bought it for the smoothness of windows phone OS and the awesome camera. Until this day it still serves my original purpose well.

But since its an old phone and the new updates and features - yes im talking about Denim - are already seemingly irrelevant to 1020, I would suggest getting it ONLY if the price of it has already dropped by quite a margin since local introduction, or else, get another model that has OLED screens (I love that display colour on Lumia 930)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon