Call volume drops in tiers while dialing

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

So it's been a little while now (I can't pinpoint if maybe it was 8.1 dev preview that caused it), about two months, that when I make outgoing calls on my Lumia 1020, the volume drops in tiers on the third ring.

To elaborate, the first two rings are as loud as they should be (on 10/10), but when the third ring comes around it starts getting freakishly lower and lower until you think you're speaking to an ant on the other end.

I'd been trying to see if anybody else has had this issue, but I haven't been so lucky.

I've been using this phone with my carrier since October of last year, so it's definitely not a carrier issue.
Running a 1020 on the Videotron network (full bars when this happens btw) in MTL,Canada

Was hoping maybe it was a firmware issue alongside 8.1 but I don't have access to Cyan due to being on dev preview.

If anybody else is having this issue, please advise?
-Mike

rumpelst

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
It is almost for shure software issue. Flash Cyan with NCS or NSU if you had firmware for your product code before you got pfd.

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I may as well just wait for a proper update for 8.1.1
I was just wondering if anybody else had been experiencing the same issue or not to showcase an uncommon bug that may need a fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium