Okay....this is odd. Probably 60% of the time when I hit the volume down button the option to change the Ringer/Notifications and the Media/Apps volume comes up. I can then, of course, mute the volume on each of those or obviously adjust the volume. However, the other 40% of the time, only the volume for Media/Apps comes up, with no option for the Ringer. Has anyone experienced this? I think this tends to happen when I'm in my car which is communicating with my phone via Bluetooth....could that have a connection to this issue? Also, is there an easier way to mute the phone quickly? Thanks....Cortana does not seem to perform the mute feature.
    08-22-2014 03:41 PM
    That's normal. Whenever you have external sound source connected there is only one volume slider which control volume of this source.
    clemgrad85 likes this.
    08-22-2014 04:00 PM
    Is there a way to mute all sounds with one action? It seems a step backwards to now have to mute two different sliders.
    08-30-2014 09:02 AM
    Is there a way to mute all sounds with one action? It seems a step backwards to now have to mute two different sliders.
    Sadly the answer is no. But you do not have to slide them all the way. Just tap at the left end of each volume control
    08-30-2014 09:18 AM