1020 locking up over night

davegore

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
lots of posts about this issue, see mine a little further down from yours about not waking after an overnight charge, there are a few things to try that worked for me

Dave

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I sent mine back for repairs, received this with my phone..
- Care body assy row black (body replacement, (dont know why the original was in perfect condition)
- CPU heat spreader tape assembly

Got it back last week, so far no lockups
Knock on wood..

JensBe

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Three Lockups during the last week. Only when WIFI ist turned on. Only over night. This is getting more and more annoying.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
My wifes has not locked up in over a week now, "knock on wood". I think that the Cyan update fixed it up. Or they sent an update to fix it.

VSparxx

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, i have a Lumia 920 which had the same problem, for me it 2 things seemed to help, turning off Glance screen and Wifi while charging, as the lockup happened only during charging, see thread 8.1 DP and Glance Screen( can't post links )
Now i have 2 questions:
1. Did any of you with this problem reflsh the handset to another ROM, and now isn't on stock rom.
2. Does it help turning off Wifi and glance( if enabled) at least during the charging period ?

As i wrote in my thread, i've been talking over email with MS representative from support team about this problem, sent them logs, explained the circumstances of this happening and on 25 of August they mailed me with the following:

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your feedback. The issue you are experienced should have been solved by an update. Please update your phone and see if this is happening again.
Let me know how it is going,
Kind regards,

As i was on dev. preview i couldn't get Cyan at that moment so i reflashed the handset with the latest available build, which included and Cyan, then upgraded to the Update 1 ( dev preview ), so far my handset isn't locking anymore, and i put it to charge with all ON ( testing purposes ) .

Last edited:

Ed Hild

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 does this almost every night while plugged in through USB for charging. I am on Cyan and have done a factory reset. Still experiencing problems. Glance is off. I have not tried turning off Wi-Fi, but will do that next. Has anyone resolved the issue?

qnc

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
HI all new to forum and 1020.My phone locks up over night as well, but I do not have it charging.
Wifi is on, did not know what glance was. So I checked and it is off.
The phone still locks up.

*Edit my phone is up to date on 8.1 cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss