Denim - is it going to finally make nokia camera launch faster?

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
so apparently the Denim update that comes with the 830 features a faster nokia camera app as well. since the 830 also has the same processor this should mean the new app could bring 1020 users faster launch times as well, right?
or do you think it's only going to be optimised for the 10mp camera?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
They've optimized the software, not the hardware. If the speed improvements are true, they'll probably make it to all Lumia devices as soon as Denim arrives.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think this will be the same as the cyan firmware, all the announced improvements will be for newer hardware only. Especially as it was demoed on a 930.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its simple an update to nokia camera, rebranded to 'lumia camera' it should bring 4k for snapdragon 800+ phones, but everything else seems ok to be running on previous high end wp8 devices imo

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
For the time being, just install the Nokia Camera Beta app. The launch time is noticeably faster than the official version on my Lumia 1020.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
its simple an update to nokia camera, rebranded to 'lumia camera' it should bring 4k for snapdragon 800+ phones, but everything else seems ok to be running on previous high end wp8 devices imo

Well Living images apparently was working on older devices but was removed in a subsequent update to Nokia camera. So I'm not sure things will be different with Lumia camera.

Edit: seems Daniel has posted in the comments of the article that some components of Lumia camera will come to al devices, so I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon