Microsoft cheating L1020 owners by giving DENIM UPDATE...

Anant Anand

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
L 1020 when introduced was costliest phone... Even today on many sites it's costliest of all... WHAT'S WRONG IF BUYERS EXPECT LONGER SUPPORT? But most WPC articles suggests we won't get DENIM... F**** MSFT ... it's like android kicking HTC ONE or Sansung S5 out... If LUMIA 1020 after spending 1000 US dollars (55k INR then) , deprive us I'd denim, what's point in remaining brand loyal? Thanks WPC for guiding us... XIOMI, here I come..

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I bet you will get denim ... you will just not be able to make use of all the features. hardware behaviour just cant always be changed by software updates. It is also 2 years old already

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Wha?

Most phones get about two years of support. The Lumia 1020 came out September 2013. I don't see anything that actually says you won't be getting Denim. I haven't actually seen an article that suggested it, even. We don't know anything beyond the fact that there are only certain phones getting it first and "others in Q4 2014".

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
L 1020 when introduced was costliest phone... Even today on many sites it's costliest of all... WHAT'S WRONG IF BUYERS EXPECT LONGER SUPPORT? But most WPC articles suggests we won't get DENIM... F**** MSFT ... it's like android kicking HTC ONE or Sansung S5 out... If LUMIA 1020 after spending 1000 US dollars (55k INR then) , deprive us I'd denim, what's point in remaining brand loyal? Thanks WPC for guiding us... XIOMI, here I come..

Could you please calm down, take a good long breath!!! My first question is Who and What have you read that says the Lumia 1020 will not get the next major Update??? Please add links to the statements.

As everything I have seen in the comments from News items here, mainly from The Boss round here. Only a small section of the update will not apply.

also to quote Nokia ( from Nokia site):
"Lumia Denim Update will ship with Lumia 830, Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735. For all other Lumia Windows Phone 8 smartphones, the update will start rolling out during Q4 2014, following partner testing and approvals."
From Nokia

Thomas Molina

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Wha?

Most phones get about two years of support. The Lumia 1020 came out September 2013. I don't see anything that actually says you won't be getting Denim. I haven't actually seen an article that suggested it, even. We don't know anything beyond the fact that there are only certain phones getting it first and "others in Q4 2014".

It's barely a year old.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
People need to stop implying or predicting stuff that is never said and proclaim it as fact or real truth.....
Marketing leaves out things because its NOT a lie, but rather unknown information which they don't have an answer to yet. You can't LIE when you don't even say anything that is wrong.

Denim is coming to all devices. What we DONT know is what gets omitted from the older devices.
Its not any different than iOS (you know, that other operating system?) when the older iphones get OS updates. Aside from the fact that they tend to run slow with the newer OS, they lack features that they don't have the hardware for.
Android...well I think you're basically running a lottery in the hopes your phone actually gets to update to the new OS (new phones yes, older phones...up in the air).

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
All Lumia devices will be getting WP8.1.1 and Denim.

All devices will have access to Rich Capture (except if you don't have flash ?) and Moment Capture.

Moment Capture will be available for all devices, since it basically replaces Action Shot (so goodbye Living Images for 1st Gen devices ?)

SD800 devices with Denim and Lumia Camera: Moment Capture at 4k24 for 24 seconds. Each moment is 8.7 MP.

1080p video capable devices: FullHD Moment capture for 24 seconds. Each moment is ~2 MP.

720p devices. Probably 720p24 for 24 seconds. Each moment should be ~1 MP ?

Hey Cortana for Denim is reserved for SD800.

Glance 3.0 will be available to all devices capable of Glance at the moment.

Jeroenvk94

May 30, 2014
Visit site
All Lumia devices will be getting WP8.1.1 and Denim.

All devices will have access to Rich Capture (except if you don't have flash ?) and Moment Capture.

Moment Capture will be available for all devices, since it basically replaces Action Shot (so goodbye Living Images for 1st Gen devices ?)

SD800 devices with Denim and Lumia Camera: Moment Capture at 4k24 for 24 seconds. Each moment is 8.7 MP.

1080p video capable devices: FullHD Moment capture for 24 seconds. Each moment is ~2 MP.

720p devices. Probably 720p24 for 24 seconds. Each moment should be ~1 MP ?

Hey Cortana for Denim is reserved for SD800.

Glance 3.0 will be available to all devices capable of Glance at the moment.

L920 doesn't even have Living Images... So it'll be a question mark for the other functions...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb