Um, What do I do now?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm - sorry to hear you had such a time unlocking your phone. But take comfort in the fact that you're not alone. I had a dickens of a time unlocking my 1020 last year, and I ended up having to buy the phone outright from AT&T for $600 before I could unlock it - apparently they won't unlock phones that are on the AT&T Next program. I had to chase them for a month before I finally got an unlock over the phone - they claim they emailed me an unlock, but I never got anything from them.

Still at least I ended up with an unlocked 1020 that I was able to take back to europe and use a pay-as-you-go sim from Asda in when I was there -way cheaper than using data roaming

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
So, I got up extremely early before work to call Rogers. First rep(I swear I had that one multiple times.....never happy with her results) and she looked into it and gave me the famous "please wait 24 hours". I was like you been telling me that for the last 8 days, then all sudden I got a busy sign so I thought maybe my voip phoned died.

So I called back and got a better rep, I told her everything and she is like well I have a code on file here. I was like does it end in "373" and she was like nope. She gave me the number and it was long(I said before she even finished) that this is going to work it is the right length.

Sure enough it was the right length!!!! Now my phone is unlocked!!!! I popped in my Wind Mobile sim card took a few minutes and it connected to the network, I did a few calls and texts and everything seems to work. I now setup the APN and now have data!

Though Rogers still managed to get me, Last week they told me they would refund me the $56 for unlocking yet all they gave me was $20 pay as you go credit..........I was too tired and had to get to work to try for more.

I asked that they send me a email write up what happened with my imie but she told me in "24 hours" I should get it....so that probably means I will never get it.

mohawk apple

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So, I got up extremely early before work to call Rogers. First rep(I swear I had that one multiple times.....never happy with her results) and she looked into it and gave me the famous "please wait 24 hours". I was like you been telling me that for the last 8 days, then all sudden I got a busy sign so I thought maybe my voip phoned died.

So I called back and got a better rep, I told her everything and she is like well I have a code on file here. I was like does it end in "373" and she was like nope. She gave me the number and it was long(I said before she even finished) that this is going to work it is the right length.

Sure enough it was the right length!!!! Now my phone is unlocked!!!! I popped in my Wind Mobile sim card took a few minutes and it connected to the network, I did a few calls and texts and everything seems to work. I now setup the APN and now have data!

Though Rogers still managed to get me, Last week they told me they would refund me the $56 for unlocking yet all they gave me was $20 pay as you go credit..........I was too tired and had to get to work to try for more.

I asked that they send me a email write up what happened with my imie but she told me in "24 hours" I should get it....so that probably means I will never get it.

Great to see you got it solved!

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
Good to see this thread. I bought a used white Lumia 1020 on Kijiji which ended up with TELUS network which I wanted to switch over. Long story short, the phone was a developer/demo unit which wouldn't update to 8.1 or any other updates because it's IMEI is not on the Nokia server. I finally got it resolved and got a black Rogers Lumia 1020. It updates and does everything proper... the Nokia recovery software tool can find the right firmware/package to restore. All dandy. I am planning on a trip soon to south east Asia and was planning on unlocking the phone and putting in a prepaid sim card. Although I bought this phone by myself, will Rogers give that 90 days min crap to unlock it? Would the ebay unlocking work? Also is there really an unlock bug where U put in the code and the phone cannot pick up any networks anymore?

V

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Chobo,
Finally got an unlock code from rogers for my 1020. I can finally have some fun with it.

did you get any credit from Rogers?

Hey guys,
Good to see this thread. I bought a used white Lumia 1020 on Kijiji which ended up with TELUS network which I wanted to switch over. Long story short, the phone was a developer/demo unit which wouldn't update to 8.1 or any other updates because it's IMEI is not on the Nokia server. I finally got it resolved and got a black Rogers Lumia 1020. It updates and does everything proper... the Nokia recovery software tool can find the right firmware/package to restore. All dandy. I am planning on a trip soon to south east Asia and was planning on unlocking the phone and putting in a prepaid sim card. Although I bought this phone by myself, will Rogers give that 90 days min crap to unlock it? Would the ebay unlocking work? Also is there really an unlock bug where U put in the code and the phone cannot pick up any networks anymore?

Did you buy the phone outright from rogers store? If so then they must unlock it immediately at a cost of $50 + tax. Otherwise you got to wait...

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My advice: Try cellunlocker or another third party sites first. If that works out, you'll end up saving quite a bit of $ - you can usually get the unlock code for anything between $10-25. If that doesn't work, your only option is to go the rogers route for unlocking. If you bought it directly from rogers without a contract, they're obligated to unlock it right away. If not, there's no way out of the 90day policy. The rogers route will cost you $50 +tax. Good luck.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Will try it out. But there is no way this can brick the phone right?

I think only if you attempt to many times to enter in the code, the weird thing with mine was that when I entered in the wrong code in it would go from 10 attempts to 9 but restarting the phone would reset the count to 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)