Discontinued wireless charging shell case for 1020 - help!!!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

My wife has a yellow 1020 with a CC-3036 wireless charging shell case. It broke earlier in the year after a taking a fall and one of the two charging contacts came loose. She bought another and guess what, the same thing has happened today. We looked on-line for a replacement (the usual places in the UK - i.e. amazon, mobilefun.co.uk, expansys.co.uk) but it's showing as discontinued by the manufacturer!!! We looked on ebay and some clever person is selling them for almost ?100!!!

Has anyone else tried to get one in the UK and what success have you had? Does anyone know of any company that repairs these as I can't believe that she'll have to resort to a non-wireless charging phone until the next upgrade in 18months time!!!

Help please folks :)

Cheers

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for the quick reply. I tired mobilefun already (in the UK) and they are out of stock. The other link is to a US store which doesn't look like it ships internationally:-(

Do you want me to get it for you in the USA and ship it to UK? I can do that provide you cover all costs, I don't want to make a cent, just help someone out. It might not be a bad idea to put a WTB ad in the Marketplace to see if someone has an extra shell. If that doesn't pan out I am more than happy to send you one from the USA. Cheers!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you want me to get it for you in the USA and ship it to UK? I can do that provide you cover all costs, I don't want to make a cent, just help someone out. It might not be a bad idea to put a WTB ad in the Marketplace to see if someone has an extra shell. If that doesn't pan out I am more than happy to send you one from the USA. Cheers!

Wow - that's really helpful of you! Are you able to see a yellow one for sale anywhere in the US and if so can you let me know the cost. If it's reasonable, then I'll send you a PvtMsg and we can go from there.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am more worried that its classed as discontinued when the product is only 14 months old?!
MS still sells wireless charging back on US site, but its almost 33% discount....suggests going on same story :)
BTW, MS US store online shows both Yellow and Black ones available.

BXWolf92

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
MS still sells wireless charging back on US site, but its almost 33% discount....suggests going on same story :)
BTW, MS US store online shows both Yellow and Black ones available.

You are my new best friend. I've been looking for this for a while. I searched MS store by model number and it didn't come up, but combing through 1020 cases manually turned it up. Thanks again!

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I saw some being sold at retail price in a Nokia Care centre in London today. you could check the one closest to you to see if there are any available.

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I was searching high and low as well..and found it at my local service provider's store. Grabbed it for $17 and the charger for $50. (yikes)

tal_aban

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I think that this product is out of production everywhere, in Italy is impossible to find ( unless you find a stock in a shop ) and the online store is useless...very bad...

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone in the US able to help out with a yellow wireless case, would cover all costs for sending to uk. Would really appreciate it now that the house is full of wireless chargers.

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine from amazon.fr back in September, but they're out of stock now. However, I also adapted an Android USB wireless charging receiver to use with my leather protection case/wallet. I can't post links, but it was product/B00MGLO6HO from UK Amazon site, not available from that page any more but available from other suppliers e.g. ebay. HOWEVER, I had to unpeel the plastic, turn the charging coil at right angles, cut off the excess plastic at the bottom, and shorten the connector flex by folding it (inside the adhesive plastic neck) for it to fit snugly between my phone and the shell. It works very well, and will work with any protective shell. It works even through the leather and internal plastic case of my protection wallet. But if you're not happy modding things, it's not for you. (The USB connector has an elegant gold-colour plating and is flat/discreet.)

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from amazon.fr back in September, but they're out of stock now. However, I also adapted an Android USB wireless charging receiver to use with my leather protection case/wallet. I can't post links, but it was product/B00MGLO6HO from UK Amazon site, not available from that page any more but available from other suppliers e.g. ebay. HOWEVER, I had to unpeel the plastic, turn the charging coil at right angles, cut off the excess plastic at the bottom, and shorten the connector flex by folding it (inside the adhesive plastic neck) for it to fit snugly between my phone and the shell. It works very well, and will work with any protective shell. It works even through the leather and internal plastic case of my protection wallet. But if you're not happy modding things, it's not for you. (The USB connector has an elegant gold-colour plating and is flat/discreet.)

Sounds ideal, I had thought of butchering one earlier and don't mind modding one to suit, I take it's the xsource one? I might have a go at making a shell if possible as I prefer it to be out of a case rather than add bulk to it but can always expirement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster