Is it possible to revert back to Black and WP 8.0?

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Ever since we updated my wife's phone to 8.1 and Cyan, her phone reboots, and WIFI and BT stop working.

I have soft reset, hard reset, and done a Nokia Recovery (which puts it at Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan). Still have the same problem.
When BT and WIFI dies, the controls in settings stop working. When I slide the off/on slider, I get the green dots that slide along the top of the screen (like it's doing something) but it stays like that. Never gives me control back. WIFI and BT do the same thing, and BT just stops working without notice. If I turn off the phone and turn it back on, WIFI and BT work fine...for a while.

She never had this problem with Black/8.0 so I want to try going back. Any ideas how to do that or if it's even possible?

We bought this phone from a 3rd party so not sure if it is under warranty. Is there a site to look up a phone to determine the US warranty status?

There just seems to be nothing to do to fix this or understand why it is happening.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Are you restoring old files after a hard reset? If so, dont restore and try again.

Yes, but I restored an older backup from a couple months ago when we weren't having problems.

Hard reset and start from scratch is next.

I did find out that even though we bought from a 3rd party, the phone is still under warranty direct from Nokia, so I got a repair approved with free shipping! We'll try every other option first before sending it back for repair.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234