Is my Windows Mail App Broken?

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My mail app refuses to show mail correctly, the content always goes off screen and it looks horrible, as well as it never downloads the full email half the time. Also I cannot really do anything with an email besides reply or delete it. Is this correct? Is my Mail broken? Why can't I forward an email?

Like it starts to download the email and says Downloading...34kb...and stays like that until I completely quit it and then reopen it.

Also on a side note my Nokia Maps is still using data even when I have the entire map downloaded and fully updated...I was helping my parents get around DC to see all the sights and I used up over 100mb. It wasn't giving me directions or anything. Does just showing me my location really use that much data?

Any idea whats going on guys?

Thanks!

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset first? Also as for your Nokia Maps problem if you leave the Internet Connection for it to ON it will update your phone with traffic information. The best way is just to shut off the connection so that the offline maps can work.

EDIT: Nvm that's HERE Drive... I guess you can turn off the internet via the Windows settings but still. Also are you sure you downloaded the Washington DC map and not the state?

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well that didn't work...I think the mail app is incorrectly displaying it. It usually happens with full image emails. It doesn't "shrink" the image to fit on my display...it shows it like I am viewing it on a huge monitor and I cannot pinch to make it any smaller

With text emails it usually perfectly wraps the text. With both image and text emails it sometimes wraps the text but not always.

Last edited:

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you found a solution yet?
I have noticed this behaviour with my phone and it's really anoying! I have to scroll not only vertically but also horizontally to read some mails.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you found a solution yet?
I have noticed this behaviour with my phone and it's really anoying! I have to scroll not only vertically but also horizontally to read some mails.

Nope, I have yet to find a solution. Completely resetting the phone and then not restoring from backup didn't work either. It is extremely frustrating. I looked through all the settings I could think of and nothing really seems to work. It must have been an update they implemented recently

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, your apps and/or phones are "broken". Your mail regardless of characteristics- should not display nor function as you describe. Nor should it have displayed thus prior to or since any update: Mine didn't with 8.0, and doesn't with 8.1. Consider returning your phones. Best of luck getting past this, which you will.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine worked fine until I had to restore the phone to 8.0 to update to 8.1. I can't return it since Its way past the warranty. This completely sucks then since it seems I am SOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb