Weird battery behavior

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I noticed that my 1020 tends to have a slightly better battery life whenever I keep it charged for 15-20 minutes after it's "full"
My phone runs Windows Phone 8.1.1 on Black firmware

Do you guys noticed the same thing with your phone?
Is it fine to do this phone "overcharging" in long term?

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
overcharging won't damage the phone. Modern phones use a protection circuit. You can usually tell by putting your ear close to the charger. Once the battery is full, the charger will usually begin to emit an electrical whine. If it whines even while charging, then the whine will be significantly louder once the protection circuit is engaged.

I suppose you could also use this method to try and ascertain whether or not the protection element kicks in at 100% or not, by listening for the whine. Note that some chargers are quieter than others and you won't hear any noise or perhaps no difference at all.

It's quite normal for the battery display to be... fairly jumpy around the 96-100% range as well, I've found. I can re-create the same usage pattern on two different occasions and one time it'd deplete a couple percent, the other time remain on 99, or perhaps even 100% for longer than it usually would. Since the battery indicator is a mere estimation I'd chalk this behaviour up as perfectly normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster