Second hand Lumia 1020 died after 24 hours?

Fabien4

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought a secondhand Lumia 1020 and he performed great the first day. At the end of day 2 he seems to be dead.
At noon during lunch break it worked just fine and I didn't recall any warnings about a low battery.
I tried to turn it on after work, but he is not doing anything any more. The screen remains black, even when I plugin the phone he is not charging (the phone and charger don't even get slightly warmer) The same with a wireless charger.

Any suggestions on possible solutions or possible broken parts?
Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
use another charger, or try connecting it to a pc.. my friends 820 wouldnt charge with any other charger, but the orginal one, untill he installed 8.1, weird stuff :p

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
when you are completely out of juice, you battery may take sometime before it can show the charging icon... just put it on charger and let it charge..

Fabien4

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 is awake again.

Because the phone crashed after only 24h I was convinced I was tricked in buying a broken phone. (The warranty paper was lost by the seller)
And the first days I was trying to reach the seller. Because I wanted my money back. After unsuccessful trying to have a meeting with the seller.
I realized I would not see my money back. Only then I tried the soft and hard reset. But by then the battery was probably completely empty.
Yesterday I connected the phone on my PC en tried the wireless charge but this didn't work. Today the the plugin charger did the trick and he seems to be working fine again.

I have no idea what caused this black screen. Is there a thread I should read to prevent this occurring again?

Thanks for your replies.

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Congrats bro.. Once my friend had such an issue with his 620 which has one of the worst battery backup amongst Lumias. Apparently his auto upload feature was turned on in the camera settings.. After continuously using the network for sometime the phone was dead, just like yours and took hell of a time to wake up.. I would just suggest to check similar settings that can run on the background and surprise u..

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you tryed to check your warranty via Lumia Help+Tips app?
I suggest you to fully charge your phone, do a hard reset, and then try to update it, if there are some updates. After update if there is any, hard reset it again since it's empty anyway and you're good to go!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999