1020 Wi-Fi connection problems

Isnips

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

A few months back I started having issues with my Wi-Fi. I turn the phone on and connect to the Wi-Fi and all works fine. I then go to work and it wont connect automatically and when I try manually it just says can't connect. After doing a standard restart it connects fine. I then go back home and refuses to connect again until I reboot and all works fine again. I tried soft reset and hard reset with no joy so flashed the whole thing with the recovery tool which fixed the problem. Now out of nowhere it has started doing it again. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm struggling to find anything googling around and want to avoid the faff of using the recovery tool if possible.

Cheers

Isnips

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The last time it happened i tried changing the setup of my home wi-fi with no joy. Plus if that was the issue i wouldn't expect it to work after a restart? In preparation for using the recovery tool i am trying to do a cloud backup but keeps failing.

Very annoying.

saboganunes

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have a 1020 & at home have no problem to connect to wifi. but at the university nobody at the IT department can connect it to eduroam network! help pelase!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had the official Cyan release for six weeks and haven't experienced any Wi-Fi lag or related issues; and I've traveled locally and internationally since, so I've connected through all sorts of networks. FWIW, at home (US), I now get 4 and sometimes 5 at&t bars consistently, where I usually had 3 and sometimes 4 consistently under 8.0 Black.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
My home pc is Windows 8, and my 1020 is on 8.1.

I'm having some wifi issues esp when I enable the internet sharing. It's totally fine when it is being shared to other phones/tablets/devices, but my pc keeps disconnecting when it uses my phone's internet. The pc's wifi goes OFF (red cross icon in the system tray) and there's no other way to enable it other than going into the Device Manager properties and disable and re-enable the network card from there.. and then the wifi reconnects to the phone, but again only for a few minutes.

I've tried soft/hard reset, changed all kinds of settings on the pc, but it keeps disconnecting. I don't mind if it reconnects but what annoys me is that the pc's wifi totally turned OFF and never turned back on. It's such a hassle to manually disable/enable every single time. Grrr...

Jmh89

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been having issues where it disconnects from the wifi network, because it claims it can not access the internet. I simply turn wifi off, then immediately back on, and it connects with out a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs