Black Screen - Need to soft reset

talek

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi, just seeing if anyone else has had this problem..

I have had the Lumia 1020 for a couple months now and love it but every now and then, at complete random: the screen goes black. I then need to perform a soft reset in order to use the phone again.

I have not completed a factory reset yet, especially since it's still a new phone in all senses. But I'd first like to see if anyone has had the same issue, if yes: how did you fix it? If not then I'll likely proceed with the reset and if it happens again: contact warranty to get a replacement.

This happened on both 'Black' and 'Cyan'

Thanks.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Random shutdown or just black screen, but the only way to bring it back to life is by performing a soft reset. Since I put in a working sim card, this has reduced quite a bit though.

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have this as well. let me know if you find a solution. I just got the phone replaced and it started after that so not sure if it is the phone or the new update....

talek

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Reset my entire device and it still occurs but its infrequent that im fine to live with it.. and im not reliant on my phone. Otherwise I'd advise going through warranty.

Though one concern is that it might be an app that crashes in the background and is unable to restore.. which would make sense... But who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs