Contract iPhone (at&t) to Lumia 1020 -

Trey Klouda

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Really quick - and probably easily answered - question;

My wife is thinking about switching over to the Lumia 1020. She is currently 1 year into her 2 year AT&T contract for an iPhone 4S.

If we took the sim card out of the iPhone and put it in the unlocked Lumia 1020, would it work? Does the contract with AT&T do anything to the SIM card being used in another phone? Or if we swapped the SIM into the 1020 is all we need to worry about with the iPhone is finishing out the contract paying for the phone?

Hopefully the question makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Really quick - and probably easily answered - question;

My wife is thinking about switching over to the Lumia 1020. She is currently 1 year into her 2 year AT&T contract for an iPhone 4S.

If we took the sim card out of the iPhone and put it in the unlocked Lumia 1020, would it work? Does the contract with AT&T do anything to the SIM card being used in another phone? Or if we swapped the SIM into the 1020 is all we need to worry about with the iPhone is finishing out the contract paying for the phone?

Hopefully the question makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

Yes it would work. As long as you finish out your contract you're fine.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Btw, my wife has a 1020 annd loves it. Got it for her last Christmas and she still raves about it. Add the qi case and the jbl wireless Bluetooth speaker with built In qi charging and you have a very happy wife!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The only problem you might have is the size of the SIM card. If both are Micro SIM's you will be fine. Both would have to be the same physical size to move from one phone to another. Good Luck.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
They could care less what phone you are using as long as they are getting their money. Ive switched phones many times. My friend has a developer phone that their system cannot even recognize what it is with no issue.

bsmithphoto13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
You will be fine. Just swap Sims and her phone number will carry over. I currently have an iPhone 6 (on contract) but use a 1020 and 1520 regularly. It only takes a minute to swap the SIM and your good to go

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If you have never had LTE on that line before, supposedly you'll need a new sim, which any local at&t place can do free or cheap, at least that's what they told me when I got my first LTE capable phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720