11-11-2014 11:38 AM
263 ... 45678 ...
tools
    also noticed camera images is not good
    fuzzy images, pixels softness on zoom .
    may be its on 8.1 update . i am updating with DEV .
    10-10-2014 06:01 AM
    Think that's more or less caused by the firmware aka Cyan... Hopefully Denim fixes this
    10-10-2014 06:03 AM
    Greetings to members here

Yet another update from my side. This time its not positive.
    Just minutes after replying here on the forum I had SCREEN FLICKER issue. :(
    I tried multiple reboots but no use.
    A soft reset has fixed this and its fine for now.
    But now I can see a few dead pixels on my screen towards the bottom :(
    It appears only when the device has a black background.

Should I take it to Nokia care?

I'm really having a bad feeling about this flipkart deal :(
    10-10-2014 06:19 AM
    Greetings akshaypn :-)

Thanks for your valuable info. I will follow it.
    And the phone is FAST ;-) No lags whatsoever.

To Members here, I don't know if its the right place to ask this,but is there some startup links that you guys can point out for me as this is my first Windows phone. I was on android previously and have no idea with this device.
    welcome to windows phone buddy!you 're at the right place below is a link, you can go through the article or can download pdf in the article!for anything you can search wpcentral.com or can visit you devices' forum!
    thank you.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ows-phone.html
    10-10-2014 06:51 AM
    first check your camera settings!device must be taking pictures at a lower resolution..
    10-10-2014 06:53 AM
    Thank you Abhishek..Yours ll arrive soon buddy..

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    hmm cant wait!!hope so.. :-(
    10-10-2014 06:56 AM
    Greetings to members here

Yet another update from my side. This time its not positive.
    Just minutes after replying here on the forum I had SCREEN FLICKER issue. :(
    I tried multiple reboots but no use.
    A soft reset has fixed this and its fine for now.
    But now I can see a few dead pixels on my screen towards the bottom :(
    It appears only when the device has a black background.

Should I take it to Nokia care?

I'm really having a bad feeling about this flipkart deal :(
    if you don't feel good go for replacement from flipkart!
    10-10-2014 06:57 AM
    Greetings akshaypn :-)

Thanks for your valuable info. I will follow it.
    And the phone is FAST ;-) No lags whatsoever.

To Members here, I don't know if its the right place to ask this,but is there some startup links that you guys can point out for me as this is my first Windows phone. I was on android previously and have no idea with this device.
    Kiran search for the thread" Beginner's guide to Windows Phones".. It's a very comprehensive thread, hopefully you would get all the info, tips and tricks there.. For any issues you can search the forums and I think you will find the right thread and the solutions... Even you can look it up for your dead pixels issues too.. At the least you would come to know about others experience with the same problem and what they did..

10-10-2014 06:58 AM
    Hey have you updated your 1020 to PfD 8.1.1?? Noticed any difference or improvements?? I am also not that impressed with image quality specially using Nokia Camera, noticed grains /fuzziness on top right corner of pics.. But I have no experience in photography and just trying to understand different settings, so maybe I am doing something wrong.. I would like to upgrade to PfD 8.1.1 if it helps improve overall pic quality.. Please share your experience.

10-10-2014 12:02 PM
    Hey have you updated your 1020 to PfD 8.1.1?? Noticed any difference or improvements?? I am also not that impressed with image quality specially using Nokia Camera, noticed grains /fuzziness on top right corner of pics.. But I have no experience in photography and just trying to understand different settings, so maybe I am doing something wrong.. I would like to upgrade to PfD 8.1.1 if it helps improve overall pic quality.. Please share your experience.

well try to go manual..play with iso seetiings shutter speed and all!!
    10-10-2014 12:37 PM
    Got my 1020 today ,Seems everything fine, except heating in charging
    10-10-2014 01:52 PM
    Hi everyone... i want to know how is the camera quality... many are complaining that images are blur and picture quality not upto the mark.. is it true?? anybody used camera??
    10-10-2014 03:35 PM
    Hi everyone... i want to know how is the camera quality... many are complaining that images are blur and picture quality not upto the mark.. is it true?? anybody used camera??
    Ya, so far I am not that impressed.. But the reason could be my inability to tweak the settings and getting the best out of it.. I could only say anything firmly after couple of days more.. One thing for sure though, system camera is giving me far better images than pro shot or Nokia Camera even in auto mode..

10-10-2014 04:27 PM
    Hi,
    First of all congratulations to you all for being the proud owners of the best imaging handset till date!! I am a long time lumia 1020 user and a software engineer and I wouldn't advise you to install the Preview For Developers (until of course you are a developer). The reason behind this being PfD operating systems are somewhat unfinished softwares and have some rough edges and most of the times they might cause heating and battery drain issues. Hence, I would recommend you to enjoy the awesome device you have received as it already has the latest cyan update :-)
    10-10-2014 11:10 PM
    I wouldn't advise you to install the Preview For Developers (until of course you are a developer). The reason behind this being PfD operating systems are somewhat unfinished softwares and have some rough edges and most of the times they might cause heating and battery drain issues.
    ?? What ??
    10-10-2014 11:36 PM
    Ya, so far I am not that impressed.. But the reason could be my inability to tweak the settings and getting the best out of it.. I could only say anything firmly after couple of days more.. One thing for sure though, system camera is giving me far better images than pro shot or Nokia Camera even in auto mode..
    Ok .. but the images you clicked has enough clarity? Means those look like that they have clicked from 41 MP??
    10-11-2014 01:57 AM
    Ok .. but the images you clicked has enough clarity? Means those look like that they have clicked from 41 MP??
    The images are sharp, have good details, they look great when everything goes well.. I would say about 7 out of 10 times.. Earlier I had 720 and that little phone was capable of taking some exceptionally sharp pictures with just 6.7 MP camera.. It's not all about only MPs.. Right now I don't have anything else besides 5MP cameras on my 1320 and ipod touch, 1020 s quality is thousands times better than them.. All in all its a great and the best camera to have on a phone but I really don't know how it would fare against professional DSLR s.. But that kind of performance would be too much to ask from a phone camera..

10-11-2014 02:34 AM
    Here is couple of I went I didn't even see and I clicked kind of pics, taken with Microsoft s Camera(default one) without changing anything and under the scorching hot Sun...

Attached Thumbnails 39785.jpg   39779.jpg  
    10-11-2014 02:55 AM
    The images are sharp, have good details, they look great when everything goes well.. I would say about 7 out of 10 times.. Earlier I had 720 and that little phone was capable of taking some exceptionally sharp pictures with just 6.7 MP camera.. It's not all about only MPs.. Right now I don't have anything else besides 5MP cameras on my 1320 and ipod touch, 1020 s quality is thousands times better than them.. All in all its a great and the best camera to have on a phone but I really don't know how it would fare against professional DSLR s.. But that kind of performance would be too much to ask from a phone camera..

Good... brother right now i have also lumia 720 ... its camera is also gud... its only 6 months used... i have compared both images of 720 & 1020 and there is not so much difference i feel... i am in big confusion that from both which one should i kept, factors:
    Performance: 1020 is faster as it has 2 GB Ram compared to 720's 512 MB, but performance of 720 is also good.
    Heating Issue : 1020 has this issue while 720 has not any such issue
    Battery : My 720 battery lasts for 2-3 days but 1020 has battery drainage problem
    OS: I have also updated 720 to 8.1 cyan and it works perfectly fine.

Please brother and all of you help me getting out of this confusion as i have 720 and i haven't yet opened 1020, please guys tell me based on the above factors & your experience that what should i use. I look for camera and battery in a phone.
    10-11-2014 03:15 AM
    This is a crop of a first picture ,and a screenshot of that crop after zooming in.wp_20141011_015-2-.jpgscreenshot-31-.jpg
    10-11-2014 03:22 AM
    @akshaypn What is the battery performance with your usage ?
    10-11-2014 03:32 AM
    totally miffed with flipkart.The seal of package was intact but--

dead pixels or whatever it is can be observed by setting dark background!its like a scratch from a sketch pen.
    a hair line break in the shutter of the camera.

replacement???
    10-11-2014 03:53 AM
    @akshaypn What is the battery performance with your usage ?
    Too early to say anything about battery.. But still it came 75% charged, I updated some 30 apps, installed 10 more, played a game for half an hour, took around 60 shots and it came down to zero, though there is no sim in it yet, only wifi..my battery saver is telling me my battery ll last for 19 hrs after charging it to full... I am a heavy user and my 1320 s battery don't last me that much..

10-11-2014 04:35 AM
    totally miffed with flipkart.The seal of package was intact but--

dead pixels or whatever it is can be observed by setting dark background!its like a scratch from a sketch pen.
    a hair line break in the shutter of the camera.

replacement???
    Bad luck, but yes you should go for replacement. Flipkart said no cancellation, no refunds but easy replacement.. So do it.

10-11-2014 04:37 AM
    Lol. You guys have a list of problems. I just have one. Phone hasn't been delivered yet. :P
    akshaypn likes this.
    10-11-2014 05:33 AM
263 ... 45678 ...