Lumia 1020 sold off for 13999/- in Flipkart

Ashish Bhandari

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Ya, so far I am not that impressed.. But the reason could be my inability to tweak the settings and getting the best out of it.. I could only say anything firmly after couple of days more.. One thing for sure though, system camera is giving me far better images than pro shot or Nokia Camera even in auto mode..

Ok .. but the images you clicked has enough clarity? Means those look like that they have clicked from 41 MP??
Posted via Windows Phone Central App

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok .. but the images you clicked has enough clarity? Means those look like that they have clicked from 41 MP??

The images are sharp, have good details, they look great when everything goes well.. I would say about 7 out of 10 times.. Earlier I had 720 and that little phone was capable of taking some exceptionally sharp pictures with just 6.7 MP camera.. It's not all about only MPs.. Right now I don't have anything else besides 5MP cameras on my 1320 and ipod touch, 1020 s quality is thousands times better than them.. All in all its a great and the best camera to have on a phone but I really don't know how it would fare against professional DSLR s.. But that kind of performance would be too much to ask from a phone camera..

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Here is couple of I went I didn't even see and I clicked kind of pics, taken with Microsoft s Camera(default one) without changing anything and under the scorching hot Sun...

Attachments

• 39785.jpg
    39785.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 39779.jpg
    39779.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 7

Ashish Bhandari

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
The images are sharp, have good details, they look great when everything goes well.. I would say about 7 out of 10 times.. Earlier I had 720 and that little phone was capable of taking some exceptionally sharp pictures with just 6.7 MP camera.. It's not all about only MPs.. Right now I don't have anything else besides 5MP cameras on my 1320 and ipod touch, 1020 s quality is thousands times better than them.. All in all its a great and the best camera to have on a phone but I really don't know how it would fare against professional DSLR s.. But that kind of performance would be too much to ask from a phone camera..

Good... brother right now i have also lumia 720 ... its camera is also gud... its only 6 months used... i have compared both images of 720 & 1020 and there is not so much difference i feel... i am in big confusion that from both which one should i kept, factors:
Performance: 1020 is faster as it has 2 GB Ram compared to 720's 512 MB, but performance of 720 is also good.
Heating Issue : 1020 has this issue while 720 has not any such issue
Battery : My 720 battery lasts for 2-3 days but 1020 has battery drainage problem
OS: I have also updated 720 to 8.1 cyan and it works perfectly fine.

Please brother and all of you help me getting out of this confusion as i have 720 and i haven't yet opened 1020, please guys tell me based on the above factors & your experience that what should i use. I look for camera and battery in a phone.

Abhishek Yadav1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
totally miffed with flipkart.The seal of package was intact but--

dead pixels or whatever it is can be observed by setting dark background!its like a scratch from a sketch pen.
a hair line break in the shutter of the camera.

replacement???

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
@akshaypn What is the battery performance with your usage ?

Too early to say anything about battery.. But still it came 75% charged, I updated some 30 apps, installed 10 more, played a game for half an hour, took around 60 shots and it came down to zero, though there is no sim in it yet, only wifi..my battery saver is telling me my battery ll last for 19 hrs after charging it to full... I am a heavy user and my 1320 s battery don't last me that much..

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

dead pixels or whatever it is can be observed by setting dark background!its like a scratch from a sketch pen.

replacement???

Bad luck, but yes you should go for replacement. Flipkart said no cancellation, no refunds but easy replacement.. So do it.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
It's going to be interesting to see how I use this phone. My 720 with its exceptional battery backup I kill in 10 hours. I kill batteries with the way I use phones. 1020 users report saying battery backup isn't so good and that it heats a lot. Let's see how things work out.
Of course with the 2gb RAM I expect everything I do also to finish faster, hence maybe achieve some balance between 720 and 1020 usage? o_O

Ashish Bhandari

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

replacement???

Many people has common problem of dead pixel and blur images... i think all these pieces are refurbished by nokia.. because the problem can be in 1 set but not in many.... :(

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
not to worry about the dark background...it dosent create any issue. I have the same issue with my 1020 frm past 1 year...hasnt affected it at all. its the amoled screen issue and i got 3 replacements too.... but nokia called me 1 day n said...tht its amoled screen tht shows lines in dark background....it not even visible in daylight

kumarss

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
a hair line break in the shutter of the camera----

no its the design ..me too was worried in the beginning..nothing to worry. The picture quality is awesome..no regrets..

kumarss

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I was also using a 720 before switching to 1020. I agree 720 is the best in battery backup. Definitely you cant expect something from 1020. but you can go for a camera grip (since ur 1020 is just 14k.)..Camera quality is awesome, 720 allows you to go close with manual focus, but 1020 wont allow you to go close, but there's the zoom reinvented which gives more details than 720. Definitely you'll get a day of battery backup. Dont worry..just enjoy your phone.

Aaki171

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay guys, I know the phone heats a bit while using the camera and charging. But aside from that, it doesn't heat up even while playing Asphalt 8 for half an hour continuously. And as for the heat, Its not as if we are burning our fingers or anything. Its just a mild inconvenience in return for the wonderful 41 Mp images that we get. This phone is a beast and has put up with everything I've thrown at it so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss