Use of high resolution 41MP camera ?

Anant Gautam

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I have read lot of reviews of great 41MP Camera of Lumia1020. I can take both the pictures (seen in the camera settings and tried). Both the pics look exactly same on the phone screen and there is no meaning of so hyped 'zoom, reframe, crop, edit' thing. I can only do this on the 5MP from my phone readily if I want to share the different angled shot or something. Have tried downloading 34MP highres pictures on PC and they look not very different from the 5MP ones. It's a great botheration for me at least as I can't show my friend's the great 41MP pictures on my phone and then zoom them to see close ups. All I can do is see the 5MP pictures (although great quality, beyond imagination of any other cameraphone brand right now). Any suggestions to successfully exploit the 34Mega Pixels on phone screen right after the shot is taken and should look better than 5MP.

Topataco

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Uh open the photographs using Lumia Camera instead of Photos? And if you're shooting in RAW use Rawer for viewing them. (Photos only shows you the 5mp version of the photograph.)

Terry Church

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
its very difficult to see the difference on a small screen between any photos from 5mp to 41mp the higher res comes into its own when enlarging the images as lower res images start to pixelate (start to become spotty) 5mp will give you a excelent image up to A4 where as th 41mp will give you excelent images upto A3 and beond,

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The 41MP is there for the oversampling tech. Now, the Windows Phone photos app is optimized for efficiency, so it sacrifices the display of full resolution photos in favor of faster performance.

Others have recommended APIs that pull off the tasks you want to achieve, why don't you start from there?

(I'd also try and get your to pull off the various touches editing a 34MP photo can bring you, and some of these can be found on the All About Windows Phone site. Share the unedited photo, too, for maximum wow effect when you show them the cropped versions!

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, you must be capturing two photos, one with the filename WP_..._Pro and another with WP_...Pro_hi-res (something similar). open both files (same shot) simultaneously on your PC using Windows Photo Viewer (on the desktop). Snap both Windows to each side and zoom in a lot on each photo at the same point (and by the same margin). Then see the difference side-by-side. I show my pictures to people like that and they are amazed at the great detail in the 38MP shots which get blurred in the 5MP version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers