And then upload the highest quality photo to an image hosting site (like imgur)?

I usually just email myself photos, but when I download them on my computer they are like less than 1mb so it looks like I'm getting a low quality image.

Nokia advertises 41mp pictures and I'm still unsure how to get these to my computer. I have the settings to 5mp JPEG + 34mp DNG
    10-09-2014 06:51 PM
    Ok, I connected my phone to my computer and I get 2 pictures of the same photo. My next question is, if I don't use any post processing software, am I stuck with only seeing a 5mp photo? I remember reading something about the software taking the 5mp photo and making it into a "fake" 41mp photo. Am I even getting those? I'm just confused as to how this works. I want the highest quality photo where I just transfer to my computer and don't use any photo editing software.
    10-09-2014 06:59 PM
    There's an app to open the full res images on ur phone without the need of a pc, Zoom. It can edit and share that file if u wish to do so rather than just using the 5mp photos from ur photo hub.

WP Store Link: Zoom | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    10-09-2014 07:51 PM
    Can Zoom app handle dng files? Or just 34mp jpgs?
    10-14-2014 04:48 PM
    (I'm still learning myself, but) even without "post-processing", you do need some software to just view the large photos on your computer. I've just been connecting my 1020 and copying and pasting selectively to my PC through Windows Explorer: not fancy, but simple and effective. I don't have a need to keep most files on my phone, and, given a 32gb limit, a strong disincentive to keep large files. I usually transfer both the smaller and large files -which are named similarly, but differently- to my Pictures folder, but store them separately to stay organized. Following each transfer, I sort the photos on the 1020 and ensure that I delete at least every large image.

You can only see the small images on Windows Explorer, but even the free Windows Live Photo Gallery will allow you to see both types of files. You can also upload to and view images to through a free OneDrive account. BTW, even the smaller images are of high quality, so don't expect to see major differences, especially on the 1020. Also, note that imgur, for instance, uses lossy compression for any photo over 10mb, and that's for their pro accounts; your high-res images will exceed that.
    10-15-2014 03:35 PM