Glance issues anyone?

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
@furkanavshar. Yes i realized that the capasitive key light do not work too but not the MSN tiles as I install it to the phone memory. Did Microsoft notice of this issue?

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
@bodomarko. After you set your phone date to, let say 21590, go to Setting and tap Device Hub. There will be a pop up to ask you whether to uninstall Device Hub. Just hit the Uninstall button. It is a simple step, don't worry. Maybe the way I explain seems complex as my native language is not english.

bodomarko

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Got it now, all fine with the bottom keys. Was confused with the date setting, once I've set it the "Device Hub" appeared.

Thanks a bunch for this to both you and furkanavshar! :)

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing is that now there is no battery with shield icon on the glance screen when battery is weak. I can say that It is better than ealier, but I 'd like to know that my battery is week when it is weak. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe reinstaling the system would help? Hmmm, abyone wants to try? Heh.

Same here with my 1020... :(
I guess the state of battery saver is frozen. (I had battery saver off initially and now the brightness will not dim, keys will not turn off and there is no shield on glance. Those who had battery saver on will stay like that--keys will not turn on, brightness will stay dim, there will always be the shield in glance)

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, this issue related to Device Hub. Yes, weird but true!

So, -the only one- solution is:

1) Reset your phone (required)
2) When resetting is completed, complete your installation steps
3) When the phone is ready to use, quickly go to Settings > Date+Time
4) Set the year like 2150 or more
5) Go to Settings, tap the Device Hub
6) Uninstall it
7) Set the date as auto again

Problem will be solved.

Never open Device Hub even once! Uninstall it and don't install again.

p.s. If you open Device Hub even once, battery saver crashes and your issue comes over again. Then you must reset your phone to solve it.
If you open Device Hub once, uninstalling it will not solve this issue. You will have to reset your phones...

The reset means hard reset?

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If I install apps in SD card. First, I eject my SD card. Then, I hard reset my phone. After all done, I insert my SD card. Do all the apps still work??

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, this issue related to Device Hub. Yes, weird but true!

So, -the only one- solution is:

1) Reset your phone (required)
2) When resetting is completed, complete your installation steps
3) When the phone is ready to use, quickly go to Settings > Date+Time
4) Set the year like 2150 or more
5) Go to Settings, tap the Device Hub
6) Uninstall it
7) Set the date as auto again

Problem will be solved.

Never open Device Hub even once! Uninstall it and don't install again.

p.s. If you open Device Hub even once, battery saver crashes and your issue comes over again. Then you must reset your phone to solve it.
If you open Device Hub once, uninstalling it will not solve this issue. You will have to reset your phones...
Does that solve other issues
Edit: Is that a hard reset first or time first sorry

Last edited:

partol

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The second funny thing is that after some time now I have:
1. Dimming and keys that are working fine (they've been always ok).
2. Weather that appears randomly (but I think it is a problem with MSN weather app - sometimes I have different data on livetile, lockscreen and in app itself and then I have no weather on glance).
3. No battery saver sign on glance, but in BS mode battery sign appears and it shows that battery is nearly empty.

So it works for me enough.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Before I hard reset my phone,I am facing the capacitive key backlit issue but,not the dimming issue.
After I hard reset my phone, the capacitive button issue solved. I realize that the is no battery indicator on glance but not aware before the hard reset. Thanks for it. I could live with it though..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb