Glance issues anyone?

Snazrael

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the latest Glance update which I believe happened while my phone had battery saver on, the battery saver indicator is stuck on my glance screen, whether battery saver is on or not, however it does change to show charging when it's plugged in. I've tried every combination of things I could think of to try and reset it short of a factory reset. Also the weather from MSN Weather won't show on my glance screen when it's supposed to. But I can still turn on detailed notifications and quick notifications which work normally on my glance screen.

So anyway, I got to thinking. I wonder if there may be a bigger issue going on with the display driver with 8.1 and the 1020. Ever since getting on the 8.1 dev preview my phone as had random instances where the display wouldn't turn on, requiring a hard reset holding power and vol down. And I've heard of quite a few other people with 1020's having this same issue. The occurrences of have become way fewer since clean installing 8.1, but it still happens rarely, from 2-3 times a day to once a week or so.

Has anyone experienced either or both of these issues?

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I face both the same issues too. The battery indicator stuck. I've try every combination too but the problem still persists. The weather won't show on the glance screen too. I'm using 1520 with 8.1 update 1 PfD. I don't think that I want to hard reset my phone.

Last edited:

partol

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just the same problem on my 925. On my wife's 1320 everything works fine. Will have to try hard reset soon I'm affraid.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My wife 1320 also facing the same problem as I am. All I remember is, I set my lock screen background using msn weather app and switch on the glance screen background app when the battery in battery saver mode. Seems that either I have to wait for another update (i think ms acknowledges about this issue) or I have to hard reset both my wife n my phone.

partol

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing is that now there is no battery with shield icon on the glance screen when battery is weak. I can say that It is better than ealier, but I 'd like to know that my battery is week when it is weak. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe reinstaling the system would help? Hmmm, abyone wants to try? Heh.

spinzeroWL

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just put your system date to the year 2128....scroll down to glance, open it...and you'll be met with 'problem with app - uninstall'.
Uninstall, set your date back to the present day, then reinstall using sys app pusher.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I already done all..first,i change the year to 2128..after that i open settings->glance screen..then I uninstall the glance screen..using sysapp pusher,I reinstall glance screen..DONE!!

But, the glance issue still there..i did not fix the isu even though i remove and after that,reinstall glance screen..

This don't fix those glance screen issues..

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, this issue related to Device Hub. Yes, weird but true!

So, -the only one- solution is:

1) Reset your phone (required)
2) When resetting is completed, complete your installation steps
3) When the phone is ready to use, quickly go to Settings > Date+Time
4) Set the year like 2150 or more
5) Go to Settings, tap the Device Hub
6) Uninstall it
7) Set the date as auto again

Problem will be solved.

Never open Device Hub even once! Uninstall it and don't install again.

p.s. If you open Device Hub even once, battery saver crashes and your issue comes over again. Then you must reset your phone to solve it.
If you open Device Hub once, uninstalling it will not solve this issue. You will have to reset your phones...

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
So,o have to hard reset my phone??hmm,seems that I rather live without the glance screen than have to reset my phone..
Anyway, thanks @furkanavsha

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
You're welcome zeuxiss,

But your problem is not limited to Glance Screen battery sign; this issue also causes battery saver brightness and navigation key lights not to work.
You can realize that your navigation key lights will be turned off and battery saver brightness always be turned on; even your phone is not on battery saver mode(when you do Settings > Display > Battery saver brightness > ON).
Try and see.

About the MSN apps: You must install MSN apps to device memory; not to SD card.
If you install them to SD card, they don't update live tiles, also you can not see the weather on glance.
Move them to phone memory(or uninstall from SD card and install on the phone memory), allow the background task for MSN Weather app, then open it and refresh.

bodomarko

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Could you share more details about the steps below:

5) Go to Settings, tap the Device Hub
6) Uninstall it

Using a Lumia 1520 and I can't find this in my Settings.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention