Lumia 1020 vs 730

Aaki171

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Lumia 1020 over a 730 and I'm very happy with this imaging beast that I have.
However, could you tell me if there is anything that I'm missing out by not buying the 730. The only differences I can see are :
1- Dual sim ( don't really care )
2- External storage ( 32 gb internal is more than enough)
3- 5Mp front facing ( the 1.2 is good enough and the 41 Mp rear makes up for it a 1000 times over )
4- Processor...
This is the one that's got me tied up. Is the Lumia 730's 1.2 Ghz snapdragon 400 better than the 1020's 1.5 Ghz s4?
If that is so, how much of a difference is there really between the two?
Will it make a difference In the ability to receive future updates?
Does the 1020s recent stopping of manufacturing mean anything?

SVaibhav

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
According to WPC it is better, but only marginally. You won't notice any performance difference in real world usage.

About updates-yes you will get updates but the some of the newer features of the next gen SoCs won't be available for your processor.

Nope. Doesn't affect updates. Especially India where there is no carrier system.

Enjoy your phone, the camera more than enough makes up for the limitations. 😊 I missed the 12,999 offer 😢

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
According to WPC it is better, but only marginally. You won't notice any performance difference in real world usage.

About updates-yes you will get updates but the some of the newer features of the next gen SoCs won't be available for your processor.

Nope. Doesn't affect updates. Especially India where there is no carrier system.

Enjoy your phone, the camera more than enough makes up for the limitations. 😊 I missed the 12,999 offer 😢

Even I missed that 13-14k offer.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well you should enjoy your 1020, you've got the best smartphone camera in the world. Only its successor would have a better camera😊

Aaki171

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the info :)

Aaki171

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Well you should enjoy your 1020, you've got the best smartphone camera in the world. Only its successor would have a better camera😊
Totally agree!
The pictures are just amazing!
Compared the shots with my friends' iPhone 5S and nexus 5.
They are nothing in comparison to the images that this camera can take.
And honestly speaking, coming from a Lumia 620, I don't really find the camera launching slow.
Two-three seconds of wait isn't really that much and its not as if I'm taking pics of races that the extra few seconds are going to make a difference to me.
This is the best phone I've used so far and I'm hoping to spend a long time with it.

harisyousaf

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I baught a Lumia 730 @14250₹.. No heating problem,no app resuming/switching apps instantly,bigger display, in this age of smart phones people watch photos in mobiles so higher mp camera doesn't require..

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree!
The pictures are just amazing!
Compared the shots with my friends' iPhone 5S and nexus 5.

They are nothing in comparison to the images that this camera can take.
And honestly speaking, coming from a Lumia 620, I don't really find the camera launching slow.
Two-three seconds of wait isn't really that much and its not as if I'm taking pics of races that the extra few seconds are going to make a difference to me.
This is the best phone I've used so far and I'm hoping to spend a long time with it.

With denim update, launching camera would be even faster & better

Sent from my old bold Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Future updates such as denim you will lose out on features and so would the 730 at that. All to do with the snapdragon specs. ( to get the full denim update it needs a snapdragon 800 to run) the 1020 recent stop of manufacturing shouldn't be a worry yet ! support will be there for a year or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)