Which Lumia is best? Help please?

Julkimi

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am into fashion and love to take pictures. I am looking for best Lumia phone(or any phone for that matter) that will take great pictures. When I say great I want the zooming and quality to be great.

I want the same quality pictures as these:

hbz_chime_for_change_Beyonce_Knowles_sm.jpg
article_2651011_1_E89878900000578_36_634x665.jpg
tumblr_n0i387n3yZ1rqgjz2o1_1280.jpg

Which phone should I buy? 1020?

Thanks

Julkimi

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
It offers a lot of custom options for trained photographers to use. This is more than a point and shoot.

I am aware of that, but I guess I have to put in the time to learn how to use the camera to take great pictures. I think it will take a lot of experimentation to get good at it.

I want to ask a question: Let's say I want to use a particular app, but it only works for iphone/ipad. I take a pic with my 1020 and then tranfer it to iphone 4, use the app(morebeaute2), and then post it on internet. Will the picture still have the same 1020 quality? Do you get what I mean?

Sorry for my bad english. I am from Sweden. :)

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what the iOS app/device can handle. You'd have to check to see what the maximum size file and what file types they can use. With the Lumia, you will get a 5 MP version, and also a high-resolution .dng or .jpg file (you can choose one or the other, but you can't have both). Check with the app to see if it can open pictures that large in one of those formats.

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I am into fashion and love to take pictures. I am looking for best Lumia phone(or any phone for that matter) that will take great pictures. When I say great I want the zooming and quality to be great.

I want the same quality pictures as these:
For such low/medium-quality Pics you don't need a Camera like the 1020. I think the Camera from the 930 or 1520 would be enough. And you don't need to transfer the Pics to an other Phone, on the Lumia you will have many Image and Beauty-Apps.

Midi_Amp

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
The 1020 is best for taking pictures, but you need to learn to use it. Maybe it's attributed to its dual core processor, it seems taking pictures with the auto function resulting in a not so optimum result. I tried taking a photo with the auto and using the manual setup, the result is clearly very different.

Word of caution though, the 1020 is not spur of the moment device. The camera start up is slow, around 3-4 seconds, same as the shot to shot time. You need to stage the scene first, and anticipates the lighting condition and object placement. My first experience using the manual mode on a relative's wedding is chaotic at best... Maybe out of 50 or so pictures, only 5 came out right... Others... Well, either out of focus, over exposed, under exposed, or just blurry. The auto is okay, close up pictures with the xenon flash helps a lot, but pictures are average at best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett