Low light Pics Iphone 6 Plus v.s. Nokia Lumia 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
One out of focus pic proves the iphone is better? And what's with all the attempts recently to bash the 1020's camera, are people that desperate to justify purchasing a phone with an inferior camera?

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
One out of focus pic proves the iphone is better? And what's with all the attempts recently to bash the 1020's camera, are people that desperate to justify purchasing a phone with an inferior camera?

Was better at least in this situation. Of course on a sunny day at the park the nokia lumia will perform way better!!!!

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
EXIF is the information about the camera settings stored in the image. Every image you shoot with either iPhone or Lumia (or any other phone/camera) has that. So I think it's kinda strange your pictures don't have EXIFs.
In your picture it seems like the Lumia did shoot at a (too) high ISO and that's why the quality is so bad. With the built in OIS you can lower the ISO and up the exposure time to get a good shot at dim conditions without using the flash (btw: Xenon flash is way better than the LED flash on the iPhone). Here's an example I shot with the Lumia 1020 at night:

WP_20140205_18_35_44_Raw_.jpg

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Could you kindly upload these photos on an image sharing site like imgur and give us the link?

Because WPCentral forums compress the images a lot.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
First pic is from the 1020 and the second from Iphone 6 Plus.

Which one looks better? Unfortunatelly I think the Iphone 6 Plus looks better :-/

View attachment 85082

View attachment 85084

I've got more than a thousand photos through my L1020, a lot in low light conditions; never seen a photo that blurry in my collection unless I moved or the shot was out of focus. Guessing from the blur pattern/dispersion, I suspect it was just out of focus (I've read reports that some L1020s had some trouble focusing under low light). I don't have an iPhone 6+ so I can't compare, but I'll give the L1020 a second shot making sure that it focuses correctly, and no smudges on the lens cover, too!.:cool:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo