How to access Office 365 on 1020?

GPendolino

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I've had my 1020 for about 9 months now and I've been able to open Office documents on it via OneDrive.

However, when I actually hit the little red Office icon from my home screen, it takes me to "Office 365" and asks me to set up my account.

I enter the ____@live.com which is associated with my phone and handles all my purchases.

The message I get is;

"Something's wrong

We encountered a problem and couldn't complete this task."

Rebooting the phone doesn't seem to fix it.

I've gone in and just tried entering nonsense and then it gives me a username password error so apparently that's not the problem.

Any ideas on this?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I've had my 1020 for about 9 months now and I've been able to open Office documents on it via OneDrive.

However, when I actually hit the little red Office icon from my home screen, it takes me to "Office 365" and asks me to set up my account.

I enter the ____@live.com which is associated with my phone and handles all my purchases.

The message I get is;

"Something's wrong

We encountered a problem and couldn't complete this task."

Rebooting the phone doesn't seem to fix it.

I've gone in and just tried entering nonsense and then it gives me a username password error so apparently that's not the problem.

Any ideas on this?

Can you open the office app to get to start screen where it gives you options to open from.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I get this error message too while trying to sign into my Office 365 account.

That's normal. Office 365 log in is for business accounts only. I have Office 365 bundled with unlimited Onedrive plan and I get exact error.. MS should make this clear. Spent a while on tech support.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon