04-26-2015 10:25 AM
36 12
tools
    I was having this issue as well, luckily I work retail in the cellular industry so I can pretty much use whatever demo device I want. I just switched over to the 830 and am blown away by the performance of this "mid range" phone compared to the 1020
    11-24-2014 05:58 PM
    I think you should run Cyan without DP ,with DP I had many issues,Cyan brings most of the changes we were all waiting for,Denim coming around the corner soon also
    11-30-2014 03:21 AM
    I was having this issue as well, luckily I work retail in the cellular industry so I can pretty much use whatever demo device I want. I just switched over to the 830 and am blown away by the performance of this "mid range" phone compared to the 1020
    Quad processor really changes things for WP devices,ggreat optimization for it
    11-30-2014 03:22 AM
    I was having some other issues over the weekend and did a full reset. This thing is now like new. There were a few apps I could no longer install,but that's because they are no longer in the marketplace. Otherwise, everything else backed up and was readily available after spending 30 minutes or so on wi-fi.
    12-01-2014 12:03 PM
    Mine has been really slow lately...don't want to lose my saved games....but am awaiting a 1520 as a replacement so that will be my solution :P
    12-02-2014 05:18 PM
    Still haven't done a hard reset , but I've had a tidy up and managed to claw back 4.9gb of free space. This seems to have stopped the crashing, whether that's due to more space or I've inadvertently removed a dodgy app.
    Phone is still running slow and I'm sick of the resuming/ loading screen though, so I haven't cured everything.
    12-05-2014 03:31 AM
    Whoever mentioned previously installed apps not being in the market place, sometimes if you do an internet search it'll bring up a link to the app and WP store, even if searching the store brings up nothing. No idea why that is, but worth a try.
    12-05-2014 03:35 AM
    Fortunately, my 8.1 works as fast and effectively as ever, apps update regularly, and I never needed to reinstall any OS version. Also, I've never installed a developer-anything on my 1020 nor any other WPs. Best of luck getting past this.
    12-05-2014 05:00 PM
    I'm sure the slowness has to do with the developer preview. Don't think I will participate in that when my 1520.3 comes in.
    12-09-2014 02:37 PM
    Just to let you know: I was previously reporting my Lumia 1020 getting slower and slower, and 1 week ago it crashed completely. I wanted to browse my picture library and discovered it was completely empty. Then I tried restarting the phone and I got a black screen saying something like "no bootable area found". It seems the flash storage completely burned down. Fortunately I could send it for repair/exchange since it's still under warranty. I should get it back in the next few days. So it seems the fact that the phone is getting slow on low storage might also be related to hardware issues.
    04-26-2015 09:07 AM
    From my experience with the L925, the phone has always required a hard reset to run smoothly after every OS update.

Be it battery performance, bugginess with apps, etc, a hard reset just brings it back to its original glory...almost. And yeah, about 3 gigs of free space may help. Absolutely no issues with 8.1.1 and Denim has actually been better with battery life for my 925.

As suggested elsewhere on this forum, deleting the Cortana tile from home screen resloves the stuttering that is felt at times while exiting apps.

Even if taking a backup fails at 98%, you can rest assured that your data wont be lost while restoring. I gave up after facing that issue a number of times, but no loss of data while restoring.

If you can spend some time setting up the phone though, I think starting from scratch and restoring just the MS account, pics/videos and music is the best bet for getting a glitch free phone post the hard reset.

Good luck!
    04-26-2015 10:25 AM
36 12