Last update drains my battery problem!

aziouazrayes

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm using DP and I have the latest update which was days ago, I'm also on cyan. Before the update, the battery performed well (or at least as expected). Now, it drains too quickly when play a bit of minion rush or watch some youtube videos. The other day out just dropped to 5 percent in a couple of minutes. I did a hard reset but still, the battery ducks now. I'm thinking going back to cyan but I love the folders features, it saves me lots of space and get me organised. I need some help (oh, I don't have too many apps running in the background, just few essentials)

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm using DP and I have the latest update which was days ago, I'm also on cyan. Before the update, the battery performed well (or at least as expected). Now, it drains too quickly when play a bit of minion rush or watch some youtube videos. The other day out just dropped to 5 percent in a couple of minutes. I did a hard reset but still, the battery ducks now. I'm thinking going back to cyan but I love the folders features, it saves me lots of space and get me organised. I need some help (oh, I don't have too many apps running in the background, just few essentials)

First few days after an update will always mean bad battery life. First few weeks after a hard reset will too. This is because the phone is doing a bunch of one-off optimisations and things in the background which keeps the phone busy. It'll subside after a bit

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same with mine...not getting any better either. My wifes L1020 doesn't seem to have the issue, but mine does. This was yesterday afternoon, each screenshot approx ten mins apart

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141119_0004.png
    wp_ss_20141119_0004.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 6
  • wp_ss_20141119_0003.png
    wp_ss_20141119_0003.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 6
  • wp_ss_20141119_0002.png
    wp_ss_20141119_0002.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 6

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
App is just called Battery - doesn't seem to allow me to link to it, but this is the tile for this particular app in the store

Attachments

• 8b08211e-f82f-437c-904b-2c8a0167bc4b.png
    8b08211e-f82f-437c-904b-2c8a0167bc4b.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 46

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried replying with link, but won't let me due to 7 posts (member since 2012 though?)...and tried to show the icon for the app in the store, but it said the post needs verifying by a mod. So other than telling you the app is just called "Battery" with a green icon in the store I can't link it!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
App is just called Battery - doesn't seem to allow me to link to it, but this is the tile for this particular app in the store

Well for a start those battery apps just drain even more battery by constantly pinging the system for how much of the battery's percentage is left. Have you done a soft reset?

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yep, multiple time daily lately to see if it helps. I only ran that particular app for a couple days just to see how badly it was draining and to see if there was indeed something that may be flagged as the cause. It's been uninstalled, and no change.

Even today, fully charged 100% sitting idle in my office with great reception and in 3 hours (2 texts, no calls, no email etc) it is at 71%. No change in apps, or how I use this phone after almost 1 year of use. Nothing is different, except for the update. Judging by the amount of chatter regarding drain issues I would say it isn't just a few random people. Like I say, my wifes isn't experiencing it at all.

Last night at a family function, over the course of 5 hours - took approx. 6 pictures, browsed IE for hockey and footy updates and other than that mostly idle and it went from 100% to 8%. 5 hours. Something is wacked with this update on my particular phone. When I get time I'll have to hard reset and see if it'll help, but this really sucks for sure.

detsaoT

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I've found that removing Cortana's live tile from the Start Screen fixes all of the battery drain problems I've seen. On the 925 I have sitting here, I was annoyed that it seemed to run out of battery every 8 hours, even when the device was totally unused. After remembering someone saying something about the Cortana live tile pulling down a lot of data, I tried unpinning it - and afterwards, the phone stayed charged for almost a day and a half. Maybe it's something to do with my news and alert preferences, but it definitely made a difference over here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb