How can I downgrade to windows 8.0 after an 8.1 upgrade?

Grace Tambo

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
How can i downgrade to windows 8.0 after an 8.1 upgrade

I would like to go back to windows 8.0 because I have realised too many anomalies with 8.1 software, first I cannot customise the kid's corner anymore, my camera is also not good enough and I cannot use mobile data internet.

I would also like to find out if I can re-upgrade to windows 8.1. I am suspecting that it may not have installed correctly because there was power interruption during the upgrade process. My phone is Lumia 1020. Thank you

Grace Tambo

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can i downgrade to windows 8.0 after an 8.1 upgrade

After I downgrade, will I be able to upgrade again. My idea is not to stay on windows 8.0, but to upgrade to 8.1 without interruption.

Baiar Ali

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site

I DID IT..with nokia care suite for store..
it's tricky but i did it..i'm happy with wp8

Baiar Ali

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site

if u flash correct firmware based on ur product code..will be fine..and updatable

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
outside of kids corner, i doubt the issues are solely due to 8.1 Otherwise we will all be having the same issues. Risking bricking your phone? Thats your call. Camera isnt "good" enough? My camera on my 1020 performs better with 8.1. Dunno man.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

There is no risk of bricking with a flash.

OP, if your carrier has released 8.1 you can just flash 8.1, no need to flash 8.0 and upgrade.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

you need navifirm+ to download a firmware of your choice, of any country. Bare in mind that unbranded ones are with CV or Country Variant.
Put the firmware files that you download in C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-.... If products folder is missing create it. RM- folder is the folder you need to make for your model: eg. Lumia 1020 is RM-875
Open Care Suite, than choose Product Support tool, work offline and in the lower right click on the small brick icon and choose Rescan Data packages.
After this you simply click File and select product on the Care Suite-Product Support for Store, and in the small list choose your device RM-...
Now, Programming-Recovery and if the list is not updated with the new firmware you got click Update List button.
Only when you see in that list the firmware you just downloaded, power off your phone and make sure is not connected to the PC.
Now click Start and wait for the screen with Retry to appear. In this moment, click Retry and quickly connect the phone to PC while holding ONLY the Volume Down button on it until on PC the Care Suite will show on the progress dialog the message Rebooting. Now you can let go of the Volume Down button.
If any message that says Are you sure you do not want to select a product code appears (or something like this...) just click Ok/Yes.
After flashing is done phone will reboot.
Make sure you are using a Nokia usb cable or another brand but to be of good quality.
Do this at your own risk and be careful not to disconnect the cable while flashing!
As a suggestion, so far I've been using firmwares from Germany DE on my lumia devices and have found no issues at all with any device so try to find a CV DE one or if CV is not available (it should be) take a O2 one from DE.
Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs