I recently had the dissatisfaction of cracking the screen on my 1020 for the first time ever on any phone. I started using my old Verizon lumia 822 for temporary, but I couldn't get used to the photo's poor quality.... So I ordered a replacement screen on ebay. The add claimed OEM replacement screen. I bought one with the digitizer, cause I tried separating the digitizer from the glass, and ruined it. Long story short, the new screen fits fairly well into the phone and now I can use my 'camera with phone capabilities' again.
    BUT, the screen quality is a BIG issue. First, it was overly dark, so I manually adjusted the screen brightness to help. But the colors lack clarity, and there's too much contrast (really dark blacks, odd color highlights) In general, it doesn't look very good, and makes on screen photos look really dark & bland. (on a computer, they look much better)
    The touch screen works good, didn't have any issues there.

Does anyone know of a particular screen that is supposed to be high quality? And where would it be purchased at? I'm just hoping to help someone else out before they receive a cheapo after spending $167. (and for future reference if I break it again)
    12-11-2014 05:35 AM
    Sorry about your luck...I recently cracked my screen on my 1020 and couldn't believe it!!!...I would recommend sending it here...http://www.palcocellphonerepair.com/...It's still kind of costly ($158) but I think it was worth it....They did an awesome job in replacing the screen, feels like new!
    12-12-2014 07:26 AM
    Whoa, that's cheap to get someone to replace it! That's about what my screen (and digitizer) in itself cost!!!
    12-12-2014 07:51 AM
    Yes it is...I also had them replace the housing as well...had a couple annoying scratches that I had from a previous drop:)....Just can't come around to using a case, but I probably should...lol
    12-12-2014 08:36 AM
    Search my screen replacement post. I did it myself and it was easy. The screen is just like the original except a blue haze color when the screen is off. But once activated its just like the original.
    12-12-2014 04:41 PM
    The last time I broke the screen, I simply bought another 1020. Cost of new screen $200.00. New phone $390.00. Needs no thinking ๐Ÿ˜”.
    12-18-2014 11:02 PM
    Well, its so easy to replace a screen the extra money is not worth it for a complete phone. If you were swapping out an iPhone screen yeah, buy a new phone. its like an hr process. The screen swap in a 1020 is literally a 10 min process.
    12-20-2014 04:54 AM
    I guess I couldn't be bothered with the screen replacement process ๐Ÿ˜†
    12-20-2014 11:56 PM
    Right on. I'm just stating how easy replacement is. And it is cheaper
    12-21-2014 04:41 AM