denim on the 1020

atanga betayene

May 23, 2014
Visit site
just had my lumia 1020 updated to denim,living in the philippines can't see any differences with the preview for developer i was rockin,not even the 4k option they were talking about,and one thing i noticed is that the update was way way too light.the update process happened in like 1mn.
maybe i missed something?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
it doesn't matter if it's the extras+info bug or the "actual" update. there's no change in the firmware version for the 1020. denim only brings the os update (what PfD users already have) and the "name change"

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
that's because we don't actually get denim on the 1020. It's just a name change, but the firmware stays exactly the same

Where did you get that info from? There are changes to Lumia camera speed and some of features available to 1520/930 users. I'm curious to see if there is a change to the jpeg algorithm. Every firmware change has affected jpeg processing so far.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is a change in the firmware, just small things that make the phone work better.

If it literally was the same, then there's no point going through the trouble of releasing it and whatnot.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
NL 1020 Unlocked in US has this update now. Through as someone said earlier, no major visible changes if you are already on PfD.
Update.png

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
NL 1020 Unlocked in US has this update now. Through as someone said earlier, no major visible changes if you are already on PfD.
View attachment 91716

I just got this update on my factory unlocked 1020 from MS. But it is not Denim. Must be a pre update to Denim. Phone feels snappier as apps open a tad faster and transitions seem quicker. But no further update yet. I am not on DP

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got this update on my factory unlocked 1020 from MS. But it is not Denim. Must be a pre update to Denim. Phone feels snappier as apps open a tad faster and transitions seem quicker. But no further update yet. I am not on DP

It seems that any form of "update" would make the phone feel snappier at first, but then it would start to slow down after a few days or weeks. For example, I just installed a new keyboard in my phone which prompted me to "update" the phone - the description was an additional keyboard language. After installation and restarting, the phone was indeed snappier and more responsive.

Hopefully the Denim update won't just be a temporary boost in phone responsiveness such as what these minor "updates" have.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems that any form of "update" would make the phone feel snappier at first, but then it would start to slow down after a few days or weeks. For example, I just installed a new keyboard in my phone which prompted me to "update" the phone - the description was an additional keyboard language. After installation and restarting, the phone was indeed snappier and more responsive.

Hopefully the Denim update won't just be a temporary boost in phone responsiveness such as what these minor "updates" have.

I'm well aware of that. I have been around WP a long time with many devices. The phone still is slightly more responsive after the update. First time I noticed any such changes but maybe it's me. Well, here's hoping for denim soon

Last edited:

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Just flashed my 1020 with the supposed german denim update. Extras and info says cyan and it says there are no updates. So maybe it is nothing for 1020 users. It is the 8.1 update though so it does have that going for it

Edit: So after updating extras and info, it says denim and absolutely nothing was different. I did not have the new camera interface and it said that there were no updates for lumia camera. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Last edited:

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Just flashed my 1020 with the supposed german denim update. Extras and info says cyan and it says there are no updates. So maybe it is nothing for 1020 users. It is the 8.1 update though so it does have that going for it

Edit: So after updating extras and info, it says denim and absolutely nothing was different. I did not have the new camera interface and it said that there were no updates for lumia camera. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Well mine is unlocked version from MS directly. I received a small update but mine does NOT show denim. It says cyan even with all app updates applied. I don't have folder features from gdr1 though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium