denim on the 1020

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have Denim on my 1020 from O2 DE and nothing noticeable was added. For the camera we get NOTHING. Thanks Microsoft!! You start to behave like Samsung, bashing older devices from FW updates!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Denim on my 1020 from O2 DE and nothing noticeable was added. For the camera we get NOTHING. Thanks Microsoft!! You start to behave like Samsung, bashing older devices from FW updates!

Were you promised additional functionality on that phone?
Is the camera worse than before/promised?

What were you expecting? 4K recording?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

He has a point you know. Every firmware update has brought changes to camera algorithms. The 1020 is MS's premiere shooter and at the very least they could have included tweaks to improve sharpening (like on the 830) and the speed of the camera application opening. Is that too much to ask for a device just over 1 year old?

I'm not ok with that but if you are then so be it. But I'm with the person above you. That's it MS? Really? Great way for consumers to believe you support them by completely ignoring the only device capable of shooting at 38MP

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I used nokia care suite it was fairly straight forward but a word of warning for those with North American devices, you lose LTE and the process to get it back is a lot harder.

Marc Cupido 44

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
F##k MS! Great way to support the worlds best camera phone! It was your fault Nokia couldn't use better specs because at that time WP did not support 1080p screens and Quad Core's which would have given us 1020 users all these features.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I would have wanted is the faster camera app (only for startup time, that the large shots need time for saving is ok), but not even this we get although the new Lumia Camera 5 works fine on Cyan (without the Rich Capture and Moments features of course) with my 1520.

So maybe they will still release the new app for the old phones.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
He has a point you know. Every firmware update has brought changes to camera algorithms. The 1020 is MS's premiere shooter and at the very least they could have included tweaks to improve sharpening (like on the 830) and the speed of the camera application opening. Is that too much to ask for a device just over 1 year old?

I'm not ok with that but if you are then so be it. But I'm with the person above you. That's it MS? Really? Great way for consumers to believe you support them by completely ignoring the only device capable of shooting at 38MP
The only thing Microsoft could have at least done is make the start up time for lumia camera classic faster. It doesn't make sense that the 830 can start instantly while the the 735 with exactly the same cpu,cannot start the app around the same speed.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
As Denim doesn't bring a real firmware upgrade for the older phones, only OS, it could very well be that the update from Microsoft to fix the freezing issues on the 925 & 1020 is not yet included here, but will be a separate small update.

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Me too, I'm hoping for some speed improvements for 1020 camera. The device is just 1+ year old, it should still be well supported. 1020 is still the top tier cameraphone of MS.

One of the reasons why I chose Windows Phone is the support and updates (compared to androids). Now people are saying if you want updates get the latest phone. That pretty sounds like android. :straight:

EDIT: Even the older 808 takes photo faster than the 1020. Maybe it's not the hardware but WP API itself?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hope is a good thing but DEMIN will not have improvements for the 1020 camera.
And the reason is hardware. Only snapdragon 800 can have this improvement.
But if you do not want to belief this than do not belief it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos