1020 totally unresponsive

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the box, but that wasn't good enough. (Long story), I do have a receipt, but I had my first 1020 replaced after 2 days, the receipt I have is for the current not working phone, but the warranty starts on the day I bought the first phone and that date isn't on the receipt for the replacement phone. To make matters worse I can't get a printout of my credit card receipt, without an authorisation code that needs to be texted to my mobile, but obviously my mobile is broken and I don't have another phone that will take my micro sim!

When did life get so complicated!!?

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's gone for repair. Hope it isn't too long, not sure if I can cope with it's Windows 6 replacement for much longer!

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine died on my with two days to spare into my warranty - not a fun set of phone calls ensued to get it replaced. This was such a beautiful phone - but obviously we were Nokia and MS guinea pigs for buying it. I paid $700 for mine and agree. Sorry to hear your money is down the drain.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not back yet :(. No word from Nokia, but I guess Xmas and New Year have slowed things down.

I've given up on the Win 6 phone, what were Microsoft thinking when they wrote that software, am now using an LG Renoir, which at least takes a decent photo. Desperate for my 1020 to come back lol.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Well my phone is back at the shop, it's got a new mainboard and battery. Haven't had to chance to pick it up yet, but hopefully it will be fine.

cityhunterx

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully its sorted now and you can start enjoying windows phone again. I know when I use an android device for work its a shock to the system how poor it is!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos