Why won't my 1020 lock?

ALex Susky

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 won't lock, but the button still works... It's messed up in all sorts of ways

So the other day my lock button stopped locking my phone. However if I hold it down it will still let me turn it off (by dragging down), but then it turns on again. I can't unlock it by double tapping the screen either. When I plug it in to my computer it isn't recognized by the "windows phone app" for desktop, but it turns the screen on so I can use it for a bit. I can't turn it off and then plug it in because it always turns back on, and sometimes I can't regular turn it off, I have to hold the down volume button and the lock button to hard restart it.

I can still use it by hard restarting it, but sometimes I'll get a text and so I restart it to look at the text but the text will be gone D'X PLEASE HELP

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My 1020 won't lock, but the button still works... It's messed up in all sorts of ways

Do you, by chance, have either theChive or 5 Minute Workout installed on your 1020?

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: My 1020 won't lock, but the button still works... It's messed up in all sorts of ways

it happened the same exactly to me. I suspect it's the Gestures Beta app that messed it up. I had to to a hard reset and I couldn't backup a copy because the whole operating system was messed up before the reset. :(

Do you, by chance, have either theChive or 5 Minute Workout installed on your 1020?

I also installed 5 min workout, what could that have to do with it?

ALex Susky

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Thank you Harrie-S. Didn't realize others were having issues.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Should I be worried that I installed theChive, thoroughly used it, didn't like it, uninstalled it and DIDN'T have these issues?

Edit: I'm on a Lumia 635

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

This is happening to my 1020 again :( help! what should I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss